Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N70 Problem - Desperately Need Help

• 16-07-2007 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

I was in the middle of sending a text message earlier when my N70 froze. None of the keys would work and it would not turn off. I had to take out the battery. The phone won't boot up now though. It keeps hanging on the Nokia Welcome Message.

I tried taking out the sim card and MMC and it booted up. I tried putting in the SIM and it wouldn't boot. I took back out the sim and tried to format the phone. It booted up and asked for my location etc. I insert the SIM card and it asks me to I want to contine running it in offline mode.

I select yes and again the phone works fine. When I switch it to "online" mode, that is go to use the phone to make a call etc I can hear the phone making a noise and it just freezes. It's just a whirring/ sqeualing kind of noise. I have to remove the battery to get it to stop.

I bought the phone second hand last week. It was in immaculate condition, boxed, all cables etc. It was a Vodafone phone but it's unlocked and I had been using it for a week on Meteor with no problem at all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

You could try the following at your own risk;

Hard reset code for symbian series 60, 80 & 90 is *#7370#
    You can also try * + 3 + send button + power on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Tried both of them with no success :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

A reflash might fix it but you'd lose your messages, photos and contacts on your phone unless you had a recent backup in Nokia PC Suite.

Formatted it, upgraded the firmware and it seemed to work last night. Same sh!te happened again today! NEVER had a problem with any Nokia phone I've ever had, in 10 years. Making up for it with this one :confused:

My brother works in a phone store so he's sending it back to Nokia for me. I've warned him to tell them not to try a "ah upgrade the firmware and it'll be grand." I've tried everything I possibly could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Had you tried with a different sim?

• Advertisement

Didn't actually try it with a different SIM but I tried my SIM in two other phones and it worked fine.

Advertisement