Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three 3G sim in Vodafone card?

Options
  • 16-07-2007 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I recently bought the three broadband service and I got the USB modem instead of the laptop card for compatibility sake, but it's kind of getting in the way so I have one of these lying around:

6.jpg

and was just wondering does anyone know will I be able to put the three sim in that and get online?

Or if anyone has the same card, but from 3, and would like to swap for my Vodafone one, even better:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Depends if it is locked to network or not. (Like phones can be).

A model number would be more useful than a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ah so it could actually be possible? :)

Here's all the info on the card:
    Qualcomm 3g CDMA
    Model: GT 3g Quad
    Datacard: UMTS/GPRS

then it has a serial and imei number. Can they be unlocked the same way phones can using the imei number?

Also, I don't have software for the card, just the card itself.. does it need software I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The easiest way to find out would be to put in the SIM and see if it works. The USB modems are locked to the various networks so I'd imagine that the data card is too.

It's likely you'd need software for the data card and this might not work with the 3 SIM even if it was unlocked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

did that card ever work on vodafone ireland ??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It does need software.

The card should work, but only upto 384k, it will likely need unlocked (no idea how) and you need to download the driver/application for it, though Windows may automatically down load basic driver automatically if you are online. You would still need the PIN/Settings application.

• Advertisement
Advertisement