Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vista dvd help

• 16-07-2007 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Description:
    my new pc is viasta and is giving power to the dvd drive but the drive is gone from my computer and the dvd and cd's wont load like the did
    the problem below

Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 39.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode
    Architecture: x86
    Hardware Id: SCSI\CdRomOptiarc_DVD+-RW_AD-5170S101B
    Setup class GUID: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    PnP problem code: 00000027
    Driver name: cdrom.sys
    Driver version: 6.0.6000.16386
    Driver date: 11-02-2006
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 6153

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Could be the drive is faulty it is not an uncommon problem with DVDRW drives.

Have you tried disconnecting the drive from it's current port and connecting it to another one, have you added anything else recently to the IDE cable like another DVDRW drive ?

Installed any IDE drivers lately ?

Uninstall any CD/DVD writing software recently ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Not all USB ports are the same. Some provide 100mA some 500mA. Some are faster than others. And this is true on the same PC. The side USB port on my laptop works better with external drives than the ones on the back. Also windows can get picky if you plug the device into a different port and other times with mice it wants it reinsterted before it will use the driver.

Plug n' Pray.

Also remove any media from the drive, an unclosed cd/dvd may cause explorer to hang for a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Cas2007

i got it fixed in the end i needed to delete two things the uninstall the driver then it auto installs after that big problem in vista and xp i heard

Advertisement