Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raids on 3 UK based clubs over alleged corruption.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Here's the Football365 Article

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2502316,00.html

Police raided three football clubs today as part of an investigation into alleged corruption.

Police said the raids were not connected to Lord Stevens' ongoing Quest inquiry into the Premier League and were "totally independent``.

City of London Police would not disclose which clubs were involved, or their league status, but said search warrants were executed between 7.30am and 9am on Monday.

A spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that search warrants were served at three football clubs and the homes of two individuals in connection with corruption in football and its impact on owners and shareholders.

"This investigation is a totally independent inquiry.

"It has not been influenced or informed by the Quest inquiry in any way.

"As this is a live investigation, it would be inappropriate to comment further at this stage.''

Bolding and Underline mine.

Shareholders?

How many of the lower-league London clubs are quoted on the Stock Exchange?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

BBC article since updated to say they believe Newcastle Utd are one of the clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Well from the BBC report Newcastle seems to be one of the clubs searched. so surely if thats the case its not just City of London Police involved? That is a bit confusing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

they are saying one could be newcastle

of london teams in the premiership, west ham, spurs and chelsea, arent they privately owned?

so they wouldnt have shareholders?

could be wrong though

event wrote:
    they are saying one could be newcastle

of london teams in the premiership, west ham, spurs and chelsea, arent they privately owned?

so they wouldnt have shareholders?

could be wrong though

I think Spurs are publicly owned.

Edit:

Seems Spurs are publicly owned:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/circulartoshareholdersoftottenhamhotspurplc.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

That BBC article has been updated a few times since I first posted. SSN also reporting on Newcastle being involved.

London reference in thread title removed but it does seem to be London city police behind the investigation.

SSN reporting that it was the fraud squad that raided them and that Northumbria police say that they received a request from Manchester Police to search Newcastle Utd. SSN also reporting that the investigation is linked to the arrest of a 61-year old man on money laundering charges by City of London Police.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

seansouth wrote:
    Here's the Football365 Article

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2502316,00.html

Bolding and Underline mine.

Shareholders?

How many of the lower-league London clubs are quoted on the Stock Exchange?

Wouldn't have to be quoted on the Stock Exchange to have shareholders as far as I know.

I hope it's three Premier League teams, and we get punishments fitting for corruption. Not like Italy.

Might even see SheffYoo back in the Prem :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Glasgow rangers named as one of the clubs

• Advertisement

county wrote:
    Glasgow rangers named as one of the clubs
    :confused:

Seriously?

WTF like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

seansouth wrote:
    I
    Might even see SheffYoo back in the Prem :D

The premiership shouldn't get a monopoly of the samba delights of SheffYoo -- under Robbo the beautifull game will get redefined !

seansouth wrote:
    :confused:

Seriously?

WTF like?
    yeah,just on SSN,rangers confirm they were asked to co-operate in police investigation

portsmouth the third club named

So.

Big Sam moves to Newcastle, charges of corruption.

'Arry is at Pompey.

What is the Rangers link I wonder.

Could Boumsong have something to do with the Rangers/Newcastle thing?

Graeme Souness is also a link here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

county wrote:
    portsmouth the third club named
    I can just hear Harry now: "Why I am always a suspect whenever there's some wrongdoing?" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The original post said its nothing to do with transfers or anything to do with the Quest inquiry.

Maybe its financial irregularities ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Lot of people on Rangers forums suggesting it could be to do with Boumsong and Willie Mckay.
    It wouldnt surprise me if Mckay was involved as he is the most vile, corrupt agent on the planet, but i dont see why its not linked to the Steven's inquiry if that is the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

The link I can think of is Souness

He bought Faye from Pompey and Boumsong from Rangers.

evilhomer wrote:
    The link I can think of is Souness

He bought Faye from Pompey and Boumsong from Rangers.

More chance of it being McKay Evilhomer, he deals with the two english clubs all the time, and was involved in the (obviously suspect) boumsong deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Eirebear wrote:
    More chance of it being McKay Evilhomer, he deals with the two english clubs all the time, and was involved in the (obviously suspect) boumsong deal

I'm sure he is involved too.

evilhomer wrote:
    I'm sure he is involved too.

nwcastle have supposedly made a statement on SSN (i didnt see it myself) that its an individual and not the club or organisation that is subject to inquiry....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Why is everryone talking about transfers ? I don't think its to do with transfers.

What do you think it is to do with then> All the referees rangers bribed last season as they cantered to the SPL title......oh wait......:D

Advertisement