Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smooth legs

• 16-07-2007 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Basically have a wedding in a few weeks and need smooth legs.

Dont want to wax - as would probably have to shave them again afterwards and I am not going to maintain the waxing

Can shave anyways as always, no matter how expensive the razor/foam/soap is, I always come out in a rash.

So I was thinking of cream. If I were to use it, what is the regrowth like with them? How long are results expected until?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

The creams are ****. Don't mind all the advertising. I don't work as a beautician but am trained as one. Waxing is the only way to go. As long as your hairgrowth is at the right stage, then your legs should stay smooth for at least three weeks before you get any regrowth at all.

I don't see why it matters whether or not you will ever shave or wax again - no matter what you use, you will always have to do something to them a few weeks later.

NB - get waxed at least two days before the event in case your legs are a bit red afterwards (it's normal for them to have little red pinprick marks for up to 24 hours afterwards)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

If your legs are that sensitive to shaving why do you think they'd react any better if you were to put chemicals that melts hair on to them?

I used to use the creams and found the results favourable. After a while though my legs began having an awful reaction to the cream so I stopped using it. I now wax religiously and have no idea why it took me so long to do it. (funds were probably a factor there :))

I'd also suggest waxing but, as my waxist told me, the first time i went the result wouldn't be all that smooth. This is because hair grows in three different stages and some of the hairs would be too short to catch. After keeping it up though the hair is finer and the result is very smooth.

Advertisement