Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Fail q

Options
  • 16-07-2007 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭

If u fail the NCT do u have to pay full price for a re-test? I know some minor things are free, but if they are not the minor things?? Checked the website and doesn’t say the cost of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

It's a reduced fee - can't remember off hand but I think it's €25 for a retest once any of the test rigs need to be used. If it's a visual inspection it's free. What did it fail on?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

http://www.ncts.ie/faq.html#9
    9. How much does the test cost and what are the payment methods?
    The car test fee is €49.00 and a re-test costs €27.50 (both fees are inclusive of VAT and maybe subject to change). Re-tests, which do not require the use of test equipment, will be free. Free re-tests cover minor items, for example, a visual inspection to check that faulty windscreen wipers have been replaced. NCTS will accept cash, personal cheque, all major credit cards and laser cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

I didnt fail yet, but i will. I have an engine light after coming on, and its too late to cancel the test, so i mite as well go, see if they fail me on anything else besides that, and do a re test. At least its not the full whack again. Cant get a slot in a garage for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

You could be lucky, engine light on is not an NCT fail is it ? Though the car could probably fail on emissions because of it, which would beb a full retest fee (emissions measuring machine in use). For MOT the only internal warning light thats a fail is the ABS light. Presuming a lot here that NCT and MOT are fairly similar and that only ABS would be a fail in NCT as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭BrianD3

OKenora wrote:
    You could be lucky, engine light on is not an NCT fail is it ? Though the car could probably fail on emissions because of it, which would beb a full retest fee (emissions measuring machine in use). For MOT the only internal warning light thats a fail is the ABS light. Presuming a lot here that NCT and MOT are fairly similar and that only ABS would be a fail in NCT as well ?
    You are correct, the only warning lights that are part of the NCT are the ABS light (if applicable) and main beam telltale.

• Advertisement
Advertisement