Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issues with Meteor GPRS on Nokia

• 16-07-2007 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Nokia 6300 with firmware 4.71 and Meteor GRPS supplied settings (funnily enough, called Metero ISP) for GPRS/ISP (not WAP). The problem is that if I try to use Opera Mini on it, it either works or I get a "Packet data authentication failed". There's no pattern to it, but I get the error in 9/10 tries. The moment it occurs, nothing else using GPRS/ISP is able to go anywhere, except the built-in browser, which uses GPRS/WAP. I've even tried custom access point settings, built on the suggestions in one of this forum's threads. Nada.

This is not Opera's fault, as no other software works either (e.g. Mobile Gmail, AFT). I don't think it's an issue with the phone, as 4.71 is not the first firmware release for that model and I guess something as silly as this would be long fixed.

Any ideas? Anyone experiencing similar issues?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

check your account is enabled for isp with customer care and if it is then try downloading internet setting from here and report back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I had some issues with this actually. Every few times I tried, I kept on getting errors. I had a new sim card (0522) and I got a sim replacement and that sorted the problem. Been going the whole day now without any issues. Sim card was at most about 6 months old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I had problems with meteor initially until i rang support and they reset the isp access. It worked like a dream since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ptashek

yapyap wrote:
    check your account is enabled for isp with customer care and if it is then try downloading internet setting from here and report back

Account is ISP enabled (triple-checked) and phone runs on Meteor supplied settings (ISP ones).

chrislad wrote:
    I had some issues with this actually. Every few times I tried, I kept on getting errors. I had a new sim card (0522) and I got a sim replacement and that sorted the problem. Been going the whole day now without any issues. Sim card was at most about 6 months old.

Ha! That might be it - my SIM is clocking-in on a second year now.
    One question though. Did your number change with the replacement SIM?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Try having them turn ISP off and back on again though, not just check whether it's on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

ptashek wrote:
    Ha! That might be it - my SIM is clocking-in on a second year now.
    One question though. Did your number change with the replacement SIM?

Nope, a sim replacement just transfers your account pointer to a different sim number. Should be free. Just pop into any Meteor store.

One hint has surfaced by itself this morning - if I make a call or send a text message before using packet data, all works like a charm. Looks like I need to pre-authenticate my handset to the BTS/network. But on the other hand, doesn't that happen when I switch my phone on or move from one BTS to another?

1905'ers told me that "they are unable to reset my ISP access". I always thought that if you can switch something on and off, that's a reset... anyway.

I'll get my SIM replaced as the next step and'll keep you posted in case someone else has such problems.

Thanks for all the pointers so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 justwilliam

I'm having the same trouble at the moment, did you manage to resolve this?

will try the suggestions on the thread in the morning,

thanks,

Billy

I'm having the same trouble at the moment, did you manage to resolve this?

will try the suggestions on the thread in the morning,

Yes. I got data access disabled and then enabled again a day later on my account. That made the problem go away, for know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement