Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Bill

Options
  • 16-07-2007 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Was wondering if someone could help me?

I had a meteor bill phone. At the beginning of the year I ran up a couple of huge bills on the mobile. Should have been paid by direct debit through my bank account but didn't happen for some reason. Stopped using meteor shortly thereafter. Last week I got a letter from meteor saying i owed them over a thousand euro in unpaid bills. Problem is I don't have the money to pay it off so was wondering if I'm likely to be brought to court or how far meteor are likely to pursue it?

Has this happened to anyone before? What's my best course of action?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Your best course - contact Meteor. Make an offer of payment and come to some form of agreement as to how you'll pay. They would prefer to get regular payments until you pay them off, rather than them having to take you to court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

It's always a possibility that you will be taken to court - if I remember correctly O2 had over 500 judgements published against their customers last year because of unpaid bills.

Your best option would be to contact Meteor and ask them if you can repay your balance in instalments or if they would be happy to settle the matter on part payment only. If they are open to such an offer you should make sure the agreement is made in writing and that you stick to the agreement.

If you can't come to an agreement with them you should get a loan from a financial institution to cover your liability. If you are not eligible for a loan you should contact your local Money Advice & Budgeting Services office. Visit http://www.mabs.ie

MABS can make representation on your behalf and because they are a Government funded agency Meteor are more likely to entertain any repayment proposal made on your behalf.

Your credit rating wont be effected unless it goes to court stage but if it does and a judgement is published against you you may find it will effect your rating until such time you settle your issue with Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jaws2

Cheers for the advice, looks like i'm gonna have to cough up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

MABS is your best bet or failing that a credit union loan... but you gotta admit... who made the calls in the first place? :eek:

Advertisement