Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems returning a 360

• 16-07-2007 5:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Got my 360 last December. Its started acting up over the last week or so. Every time it tries to read a CD/DVD it starts a really loud whirring sound. I know Xtra Vision cant do anything with it so im gonna have to get on to Microsoft. My only worry is after they collect the console that it goes missing for a few weeks or they lose it. I know its unlikely but has anyone ever heard of anything like this happening?

Or even better, anyone have any ideas on how to fix it without them taking it away?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

call extra vision first, they might do a exchange for you an the basis its under the first year warranty, i used to work in dixons and from what i remeber the PS2 was defo instant change (might be diffrent now) but worth a shot anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I would have thought that its under warranty from microsoft but you bought it from xtravision ergo they have to replace it as it isnt fit for use. They can get reimbursed from microsoft. Open to corrections of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I think most stores that sell 360's operate a replacement option within 30 days or money back within 7 but after that they send it off to MS for repair. That's how most electronic warranties operate as far as I can see. The store will replace within a limited timeframe (varies from store to store), after that they send it for repair or replacement or you send it yourself. This is well within their rights, but it's worth checking with Xtravision what their policy is.

Just had a look at the last page on the warranty manual, if you call the MS call centre on 1800509106 they should sort it, but you may need to provide proof of purchase. Probably sending it back yourself would be quicker then letting the Xtravision do it, but if you want the store to look after it, stand your ground and insist they take care of it since your contract is with them and not MS.

Advertisement