Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pale skin???

• 16-07-2007 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

I love skirts but usually always wear tights with them as I don't think pale legs are attractive?!

Girls and guys opinions on this please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh, pale is very, very attractive, I can tell you. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I'm a skirt-lover and I rarely bother with fake tan. I usually just use a highlighting body lotion. I really don't see the attractiveness of orange skin. I can think of so many other ways I'd prefer to spend the time it'd take to do fake tan.

Given the in-between-seasons weather we've been having lately, I've been compromising and getting much use out of my collection of coloured fishnets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

As another pale girly I don't go bare legged as I find it hard to know what shoes to wear when going without tights, just seems to me like it needs a different approach when it comes to footwear? :confused:

Nothiong wrong with pale pins imo though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

As another pale girly I don't go bare legged as I find it hard to know what shoes to wear when going without tights

Ballet flats ftw!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Hermione* wrote:
    Ballet flats ftw!:D

Yep this is the way to go! I've been wearing these with my skin coloured fish nets lately as with the weather we've been having lately I'd be too cold in bare legs and sandals! and with the skin coloured fishnets, at least you can still look a little bit summery ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

i'm as pale as morticia addams and i love it.
    far better to be pale and interesting than to have ridiculous badly applied orange legs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Hermione* wrote:
    I usually just use a highlighting body lotion. I really don't see the attractiveness of orange skin.

you dont see the attractiveness of this? :D976537-Oompah-Loompah-0.jpg

light natural tan is nice, nothing wrong with pale skin either (considering i have been called a ghost..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Pale legs are fine as long as you're working the pale look and not if you have fake tanned your face or something.
    I hate going out with pale legs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

some people look better pale...some people look better with a tan.
    I've one friend who goes around orange and doesn't understand that she looks a million times better without fake tan... she's got the same kind of complexion as sophie ellis bextor.
    Another friend thinks she looks great pale, but she looks ridiculous half the time cos she's whiter than white and isn't working the goth look!
    imo, depends on what clothes you are wearing...and depends on your legs. if you've bad circulation (skin goes a bit purpley looking) then invest in some fake tan (skin highlighter if you don't liek fake tan)

Lola123 wrote:
    some people look better pale...some people look better with a tan.
    I've one friend who goes around orange and doesn't understand that she looks a million times better without fake tan... she's got the same kind of complexion as sophie ellis bextor.
    Another friend thinks she looks great pale, but she looks ridiculous half the time cos she's whiter than white and isn't working the goth look!
    imo, depends on what clothes you are wearing...and depends on your legs. if you've bad circulation (skin goes a bit purpley looking) then invest in some fake tan (skin highlighter if you don't liek fake tan)

Yep, this is true... I think in general it's better to look as natural as possible though. I haven't ever bothered with fake tan myself, though I like to think that I'm not too pale ie normal irish person complexion rather than just-stepped-out-of-a-morge pale. If you are of the second kind, a little bit of skin highlighter mightn't go amiss :) Proper fake tan kind of scares me though ... the possibilities of streakiness and of waking up the next day looking like an oompa loompa and not being able to wash it off are too much of a deterrent for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Meh.. Sun Bed???:confused:

togster wrote:
    Meh.. Sun Bed???:confused:

Er... skin cancer? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Er... skin cancer? :confused:

...AND wrinkles!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Thanks everyone!
    Yeah I'm not deathly pale but my legs are paler than the rest of me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I demand pics.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Pale legs are bad. Orange legs are bad. Somewhere inbetween is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

As long as they're not really milk bottle white (unless very sexy legs), and not purple in places (as mentioned before) then it's fine! Stay away from that blotchy paint crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

My legs are pretty pale too, so I usually wear lightly tanned tights but open toe shoes are a no no then. Bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Rozabeez wrote:
    My legs are pretty pale too, so I usually wear lightly tanned tights but open toe shoes are a no no then. Bah.
    Brown Thomas sell a brand called Falke,who do a range of tights in open toe called Shelina.Don't know what they would be like,has anyone tried them?

Brown Thomas sell a brand called Falke,who do a range of tights in open toe called Shelina.Don't know what they would be like,has anyone tried them?

I think you can get something like this in Marks and Spencers too. I've never tried them though. I have gotten pairs of really sheer tights that were supposed to look toeless, for wearing strappy sandals in winter, and they did a pretty good job of looking invisible :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 NeonAddict

I love skirts but usually always wear tights with them as I don't think pale legs are attractive?!

Girls and guys opinions on this please

pale skin or boy or girl is the sex.Let you on a little thing or 2.In like roman empire time if you were to have pale skin that ment you were whealthy and thats where the whole goth pale skin thing came from.The plaer you are the richer you look and about tan being so popular well we can thank coke heads for that.When you do coke or heroin for a long time your skin colour tend to change the color and become white so in order to hide that you are addicted to the drugs girls used to get as tanned as they could so now to this day its a big fashion trend.Thank god tanning boots will be banned soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I have very pale legs, but not the palest. I never wear those skin coloured tights, they look ridiculous. But then again I usually wear black tights. But I often go tight-less too. Anyway I think pale legs look grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NeonAddict

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I have very pale legs, but not the palest. I never wear those skin coloured tights, they look ridiculous. But then again I usually wear black tights. But I often go tight-less too. Anyway I think pale legs look grand.

SO AGREE :thumbsup:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

I love to see people embrace their paleness. I notice the actresses who have perfect pale flawless.

Alas Irish pale skin is far from this, if its cold you get that purple marbled effect and most of us will have a pink undertone to our skin.

However I choose to keep my skin in best condition I can and absolutely do not fake tan, yuck.

I have good shaped legs but are pale, so I love Autumn/Winter when I can wear dresses with ankle boots and good black opaques. That is when I enjoy wearing skirts and dresses and feel sexy. In summer I am a skinny jeans fan so you make the most of what you've got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Nice Irish pale skin is very attractive. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

nesbitt wrote: »
    Alas Irish pale skin is far from this, if its cold you get that purple marbled effect and most of us will have a pink undertone to our skin.

Apart from the paleness (which I actually like even though some people tell me I look sick all the time :rolleyes:) I also have thin skin and you can see my veins in places on my legs :( I'm also quite lazy about moisturising and stuff (prefer the extra 5 mins in bed) so for me its more about the legs being stubbly/dry than not wanting to flaunt the paleness.

I have just started using vaseline intensive care cocoa butter lotion though and the skin on my legs is in great condition - better than any fancy body butters/lotions I've tried :rolleyes: so I'll be sticking with that for a while - its cheap too! :D

For winter I have tights in every colour you can think of, just cos I like the look of them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Nothing wrong with pale skin at all! I never wear fake tan but do wear dresses with bare legs and think it looks fine! Sometimes I might sweep a bit of bronzer down my shins or something and 'cause I am always covered in bruises, sometimes I slap on some foundation to cover 'em up!!!

If you're happy to be pale and flaunt your legs, then go for it! In my opinion, it's way better than streaky legs with orange knees!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Im pale to but do love wearing skirts. The odd time i'd wear light tan tights or johnsons summer body lotion but mostly i don't, i rock the pale legs ;) I don't see the point in wearing a lot of fake tan if it isn't going to suit you and just makes it look like you want to stand out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This thread is 2 years old.

NeonAddict, this is the second old thread you have bumped today. Please start a new thread if the subject you want to discuss hasn't been discussed recently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement