Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 / Vodafone mobile broadband through Airport

Options
  • 16-07-2007 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Does anyone know if it would be possible to use any of those USB broadband through Apple Airport? Was thinking of changing from Esat BT 2mb line which costs me around 85euro every two months - i figured I'd be saving quiet a bit if i went to Vodafone or 3 - vodafone are 29.99euro every month! Quiet a good deal but I'm not so sure of the quality?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Hspda/3G is not really a replacement for Dsl, You won't get the speed, reliability,larger bandwidth caps or the ping of Dsl. I would stick with Dsl unless you really need it for portability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I second that. I would not switch just to save a few bob. Only get it if you value the mobility, because it is a trade-off, just like getting a laptop instead of a desktop computer is a trade-off.

DSL offers lower latency and more reliable speed.

Advertisement