Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interested in putting a small sum per week into shares

• 16-07-2007 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Am 28....any advice as to how a poor potential investor could start? Always wanted to try the stock market..however small the scale..and very much the curious type!
    Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Have a look at the 'How do you buy shares?' sticky for some good starting tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭A Random Walk

I'd suggest you might also want to read the 5k thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Filan wrote:
    Am 28....any advice as to how a poor potential investor could start? Always wanted to try the stock market..however small the scale..and very much the curious type!
    Thanks
    Alan

How small scale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

Well small now but I'm interested setting aside maybe E30 per week indefinitely...I know people usually invest in a lump sum...but I'd rather hold onto my current savings and invest future income... Is there anywhere that charges low commission?
    Regards
    Alan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Sonderval

Can't think of any stockbrokers in Ireland.

To be fair, the best bet has always been depositing larger sums to get around commission and fees. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

Filan wrote:
    Well small now but I'm interested setting aside maybe E30 per week indefinitely...I know people usually invest in a lump sum...but I'd rather hold onto my current savings and invest future income... Is there anywhere that charges low commission?
    Regards
    Alan
    Might be an idea to start with funds like the Rabodirect funds. You can buy in from 100 euro at a time. SO you could just deposit your 30 / week then buy into a specific fund when you have the 100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement