Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone remember Stuart Nethercott?

Options
  • 16-07-2007 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Stuart Nethercott

I'll quote the good bit before its edited out...
    Stuart Nethercott is perhaps best remembered for the disproportionate amount of times he featured in the Merlin F.A. Premier League Sticker Book collection for the 1994-95 season. Much to the chagrin of collectors, it was not unknown for a six sticker packet to contain six copies of Nethercott, then in the Tottenham ranks. Nethercott's sticker became ubiquitous to the point that, in an attempt to rid themselves of a rapidly thickening deck of Nethercotts, school children of the period were known to cover their friends' lockers as well as their school corridor walls with numerous copies of the Nethercott sticker, earning Stuart Nethercott a degree of fame and notoriety he was unable to attain in his footballing career.

:D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Almost as bad as Kevin Scott :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

Surprised to see that he played 54 games for Spurs!

Then there was the Keith Stevens Testimonial match at the New Den a few seasons back. A hostile enough atmosphere already before Mr Nethercott started flying into tackles reminding us of what we had missed out on when he left spurs. I think he scored Millwall's goal that day.

In fairness he was committed, always tried hard but would never have got in our better sides. He is not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cor

The memory I have of Stuart Nethercott is an FA cup game away to Southampton in 1995. Spurs 2-0 down at half time. Nethercott came off and was replaced by Rocket Ronnie Rosenthal who scored a hatrick. Spurs went on to win 6-2!

Advertisement