Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Nameservers

Options
  • 16-07-2007 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know the nameservers for BT. I have some webspace with them at www.iol.ie/~myname and a domain name www.myname.com my domain account is with a company who allows me to forward and mask domains so I can forward www.myname.com to www.iol.ie/~myname and mask it so it still looks like www.myname.com. Anyone know the DNS for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

If the company that you registered the domain with allows cloaked redirection then there should be no need for BT's nameservers as everything should be done on the registrars side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

No because it was previously set up with a godaddy free webhosting account it has their nameservers. Problem is that has loads of advertising. BT there is no ads. So I want to switch back to BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Ok, Let me get this straight in my head. You have your site that is currently hosted with godaddy.
    You want to host it on your BT space....
    But you want to change the domains nameservers to BT to "point" the domain to the space there.

Stop me if I have gotten any of that wrong.
    What you are trying to do will not work on free BT hosting as far as I know. Setting up the www.iol.ie/~myname space does not create records on their nameservers for your domain. I have never used godaddy so I dont know if they offer a redirection service with their domains but that would be an option to do what you want, That or you could setup a CNAME for say www.yourdomain.com pointing at the IOL space, This is not ideal but it will accomplish the job for you without spending any more money.

Advertisement