Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Design Courses

Options
  • 16-07-2007 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hello all,

Just thought I drop in a question here in hope that someone may be able to help... Does anyone know of any 3d design Courses available in Ireland? I'm particularly interested in 3D Studio Max as I already do a bit... I know of LUDO and HND in Computer Game Design but I here that they may be straying away from 3ds Max.... I'm not big on game design but i'll do anything to learn more. I particularly like 3d Arcitecture and Interior Design... So far I do a bit of 3ds Max, Cinema 4D and Photoshop.

If anyone here is/or has done the two course above can you tell me what they're like?

Cheers everyone!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I don't know about 3ds max courses but a lot of colleges do CAD courses.
    AutoCAD, ProEngneer, Solidworks etc.
    UL does a night time engineering CAD course in ProE and I'm sure there is similar in Dublin what may be more suited to architecture. (UL is only starting its architecture courses).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I started the games design course this year as I wanted
    to learn max inside out. I left the course after 2months.
    From what I've heard there was only around 5/7people left
    by the end of the year. There wasn't near enough max in
    the course, probably 4/5hours a week sadly.

A few friends have done Ludo and said it's very good. Probably
    not the best if you already know a bit of max. If your only
    starting out though it might be useful for you. Your best bet
    would be to actually arrange a meeting with one of the teachers
    and talk away.

Shane is in charge of the Games Design course and is great to talk to!!

Best of luck,
    Hope that helped a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

dont bother with college - i feel it only holds most ppl back - get the software and learn at home, thats what i did. self motivation is best, not the fear of failing some stupid not worth **** in real life exam or course

mark

Advertisement