Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Farscape

Options
  • 16-07-2007 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07196/801964-352.stm

Sci-fi have commissioned a series of "webisodes" like they did with BSG last year. Details are still sketchy, but considering it was looking like "The Peacekeeper Wars" were going to the be the last we would see of Moya&crew, this is frelling great news imo. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Hopefully it means a come back of some sort. I don't remember seeing the BSG webisodes, did I hear they where america only on the Sci-Fi site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Mantel wrote:
    Hopefully it means a come back of some sort. I don't remember seeing the BSG webisodes, did I hear they where america only on the Sci-Fi site?
    Until they got YouTubed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

yep good news this. Been a fan of Farscape since it first aired on the BBC oh so long ago. Cant wait to see what comes of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 murdoc8

i'm looking forward to this i watched season1 to season4 last week
    and pk wars was not anuff i hope the wedshorts kick start the series
    and put the show back on the road again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

definately would be interested in watching these, hopefully they keep the dark gritty feeling the original series had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Dark gritty!?

What show were you watching, all I seen was lots of excessive silly humor and a silly looking creature with a fanny on his face! (Dargo) :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

azezil wrote:
    Dark gritty!?

What show were you watching, all I seen was lots of excessive silly humor and a silly looking creature with a fanny on his face! (Dargo) :p
    It was a show capable of delivering both - whimsical animated episodes of near pure farce and then extremely dark, bleak, horror episodes ("Eat Me"). That ability to stretch the medium, sometimes within the same episode, is what made the show so special. A pure farcical comedy it was certainly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

I've always wanted to check out Farscape.Numorous people have informed me its up thier with the Buffys and Babylon 5's in terms of 90s tv quality.But the huge cost of the dvds have always put me off........

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I've always wanted to check out Farscape.Numorous people have informed me its up thier with the Buffys and Babylon 5's in terms of 90s tv quality.But the huge cost of the dvds have always put me off........
    Assuming you have a multi-region DVD player (and everyone should!) then get the Australian DVD boxed sets or the US Starburst editions, which are considerably cheaper (especially with the weak US dollar).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

cheers for the tip :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement