Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdraft

Options
  • 16-07-2007 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if its easy/hard to get an increase in an overdraft? I have a student accont at the momentwith UB that stands at €750 and need a furher €250 to get money together for a new laptop. During the summer my average monthly wages stand abt around €1400, other times, €700-€800

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I'm just wondering if its easy/hard to get an increase in an overdraft? I have a student accont at the momentwith UB that stands at €750 and need a furher €250 to get money together for a new laptop. During the summer my average monthly wages stand abt around €1400, other times, €700-€800

Would you not be better get a student loan over 2 years or less? I'm sure they could do a temp but I would just get a loan instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Esteem

As far as I am aware, most banks will allow you to take out an overdraft amount equivalent to your monthly wage. The idea being that you are not constantly in debit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

stepbar wrote:
    Would you not be better get a student loan over 2 years or less? I'm sure they could do a temp but I would just get a loan instead.

Well the thing is I've been saving for 6 months now to get this (saving birthday money and the like) Just I'm€250 short and need to get it asap!

Advertisement