Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Content Management software

• 16-07-2007 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi,

Im very new to the content management system side of web designing and im still trying to get my head around it all. I just have a few questions

1) Are free cms like joomla okay to use for my clients who require websites?
    2) Do you require a server for all CMS?
    3) I downloaded joomla but its pretty much php and html files. Is there not some application you need to open?
    4) Is Joomla the best free CMS?
    5) Are there any major problems with Joomla?
    6) Will my clients pick it up easy if they arent very techy?
    7) Can you design a website in html and then convert the files to be used with joomla?

Sorry for all the questions but after reading the joomla site im still confused. Can someone explain to me how to use it like im a ten year old kid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

firefix wrote:
    Are free cms like joomla okay to use for my clients who require websites?
    Thats the idea behind them.
    Do you require a server for all CMS?
    Only if you want it to work.
    I downloaded joomla but its pretty much php and html files. Is there not some application you need to open?
    You need a web server with a PHP interpreter. Its not like classic Windows applications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 firefix

Thanks for that. Someone recommended using active edit. Is this as good as joola can someone tell me?

Advertisement