Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailed the car over the weekend

Options
  • 16-07-2007 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭

Got some new products in the post today so i thought id share the fruits of two hard days labour!

Washed the car and polished using autoglym super resin polish, the used chemical guys ez creme glaze and topped that with two coats of chemical guys jetseal 109 (people are raving about this stuff)

anyway the car came up great, the glaze and jetseal gave the car a wonderful depth of shine, i also gave the interior a clean and used come chemical guys natural look dressing.

All done by hand, i sold the pc as i hadnt time to use it!

cyrusir-DSC00930.JPG
    cyrusir-DSC00931.JPG
    cyrusir-DSC00942.JPG
    cyrusir-DSC00945.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Good work cyrus. Looking damn tasty. I thought you'd have it wrecked by now :D

Did you use anything on the leather?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I use gliptone liquid leather about once every 3 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

Jeasus that's shiney!!
    How long did it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I'll swap you for my 5. Nice paralels too. Are you in the www.bmwcarclubireland.com website.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Looks great Cyrus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Must give my leather some tlc before Sunday's meet then if thats what I am up against:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Good work, it's nice to see how well a bit of elbow grease can pay off.
    I spent an hour washing and waxing the fiesta on Sunday to see a lad try and piss on it twelve hours later. Little fcuker, he got his.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Gave the car a waxing 3 weeks ago and just cleaned it down with some water and an old soft tea-towel last weekend and it came out what would be describable as "car wash clean". Nothing near the top job Cyrus has done there. But then again if I had a 5 like that I might take the bodywork a little more seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Very nice indeed!

Do you miss your pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

Dont mind me asking how much were the cleaning products and were did you get them. I find the turtle wax stuff not the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Dont mind me asking how much were the cleaning products and were did you get them. I find the turtle wax stuff not the best.

Most of the stuff Cyrus used can be bought from Daragh @ www.smartcarcare.ie/catalog
    Give him a call he knows his stuff!

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

all the stuff cost in excess of 150 euro so not cheap but worth it i think

dont miss the pc cos i never had a chance to use!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Not a big bimmer fan, but that is a fine job, looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah that looks fantastic. Red always looks terrific if you spend time on it !

You should spray some Son of a Gun, or similar, onto the plastic around the inside of the wheelarches, really finishes it off ! That way every surface you can see is shiny and clean !

Advertisement