Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahern opens LGBT community centre

Options
  • 16-07-2007 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Linkage
    Taoiseach Bertie Ahern has today re-opened the refurbished Outhouse community centre for Dublin's gay community.
    The centre is in a Georgian building at 105 Capel Street and now includes a cafe and office space for groups focusing on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered (LGBT) issues.
    Speaking shortly after 3pm Mr Ahern said that his Government is intent on offering greater support for same sex couples and that legislation for civil partnerships is imminent.
    As well as a nice place to chill, I see the little bit at the end (which I bolded)... some hope for ye who want to tie the knot somehow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

"Outhouse"........Christ.

(sorry forum, I'm laughing a little too hard for a serious reply)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm guess the Greens will be pushing for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Vinnie69

BuffyBot wrote:

And so should the rest of us! If I or my partner die soon, the remaining one is left in sh*t, treated as strangers (in law) after 30 years together!:mad: We are seriously thinking of moving to Spain where we will be treated equally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

BuffyBot wrote:
    It's part of the Programme for Government, which is, to some extent, binding. The Greens will make governing very difficult for FF if they pull out on civil partnerships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Vinnie69

Sapien wrote:
    It's part of the Programme for Government, which is, to some extent, binding. The Greens will make governing very difficult for FF if they pull out on civil partnerships.

"pull out on civil partnerships" sounds like an old idea for safe sex and so like FF/Catholic church way of dealing with things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 CelloPoint

Ye'll all be demanding he renounce his Catholic faith next in the name of "equality"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well he is in enough hot water there with his legal seperation and living in sin.

Advertisement