Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I sign on?? 30yr old still at home!

• 16-07-2007 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I am 30 yrs old and still living at home (laugh and I will kill you). I have recently handed in my notice and people are encouraging me to sign on.

I have never thought of this before. Perhaps through mild snobbery! But apparently you can sign on to get credit? I really don't understand the system.

I tried to do it 3 or 4 years ago but I was told it had to be means tested and they would have to interview my dad!!!!!

Whats the story with 30yr old loosers still living at home and seeking work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

No harm in living at home at 30. A 30 year old living at home is means tested on their own income/savings. You wont be assessed with your parents income as thats done for persons under 25 only. You probably wont be going for the means tested payment if you have been working the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭John Kimble

I don't know the ins and outs of the system but you should certainly speak to someone about your entitlements. I had to sign on briefly a year ago and, like you, I was reluctant to do so initially. I am also living at home with the folks. There's no shame in it, especially if your actively seeking employment.

Advertisement