Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway Racing Poker Festival

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Myself and Savagebeat (Jim) made the money. 850 each after final four deal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lol.
    Anyway, well done. What say we get Jacques out first tonight too.
    I sure hope he doesn't read boards! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

10pm start tonight tomorrow and Friday for th €100+15 FO. Handy for those of us who have to put kids to bed first.

How any runners are expected for the 10pm starts? Will be heading down tomorrow (Tuesday) night. Anyone else wandering along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 The Eglington

There were 69 runners in the 300 event on friday first prize was 6.5k won by bernard brady.

we will run sit n gos if theres demand not sure how demand there will be though

how many runners for the 10 pm events really cant guess we will be doing a lot of flyers at the races and in all the city pubs so i would expect at least 30 but it is only a guess.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Those pictures Wombat posted remind me I have a donkey running at Galway tomorrow. May well head over after the races - dependant on if I have any money left. :D

Very nice set up at the club. Well worth a visit even if I was second out after Jacques and then lost my hole in the cash game.

My QQ v A6 my AK v KQ that kind of thing lol

Cash games are for Donkeys. *Everyone* knows that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So is it true that the cash game is actualy 1/3 and not 1/2?
    I haven't gone up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

its €1/€3 blinds , big crowd in there last night , some very big stacks on the cash tables by the time i left this mornin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

any PLO cashgames?

• Advertisement

didnt see any but im sure there would be if enough people were interested ,think there was a round of each table though (PLO & Nlh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭pumpkinpints

Also from what i have experienced 1-3<1-2NL. Good luck Fintan etc, Albert

Who's going to the 100 FO tonight 10PM start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭fabsoul

Anyone know if the 250 FO is on in the 4ace's tonight? will go if it on.

I went along saturday of race week wit DEment0r and the place was shut. The guys said it hadn't been opne early all week. :-/
    I've been sick since then so never have been.

think the main reason it wasnt opening early race week was that it was only closing between 9 & 10 am most mornings , havent been in there since last wednesdays freezeout , think il head in either tomorro nit (€100fo) or thu nit for the €20 rebuy

• Advertisement

Full tourney schedule around? What are the longest blinds/prices?

schedule is on theeglinton.com

Ah they have it up, cheers.
    Lol at some of the tourneys. 2.5k/3k stack 15min levels starting at 25/50

yea its pretty crap structure for the smaller buy in events , its basically a pub event structure , id imagine it will be crapshoot heaven come level 5 blinds but anyway .. no doubt il be playing a few of them now & again!

It would be nice to start some of the weekly tournies at a time later than 8pm. 9:30 would give some people a better chance of getting in after putting the kids to bed. It's not like you have to start early so that you can finish up for closing time.....

• Advertisement

I like the earlyness, what with work at 7. Different strokes.

Advertisement