Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ok seriously, is this naturally common???

• 17-07-2007 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Ok, first off, im a guy! so i know nothing about hair care or any of that ****, so pardon the ignorance!
    i have really long hair (down to my chest in length)
    i've been growing it for 4 years.
    the thing is, it's ABNORMALLY straight
    in the last 4 years i've been constantly asked by people "Do I straighten my hair?" The honest answer is No, and I genuinely never have!

every other guy with long hair i've seen is beautifully curly or wavy, which is what ive always wanted... yet im stuck with these long dead-straight strands... is this normal for a guy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Sounds normal to me. Best thing to do, is cut it short, so you don't look like a girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Of course its normal - everyone has diffrent types of hair - straight, wavy, curly, frizzy :D ...

Nothing you can do about it unless you want to start curling your hair so that it is wavy by the next morning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Do you need the long hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Do you use a hairdryer to dry it? I find mine goes all straight and "stray" when I use shampoos and hairdryers, and all curly and afro if I just use a towel and stick to soap/shower gel

(as you might have gathered from that, I'm no expert!)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Yea I was the same, it got boring very fast having long hair that had zero personality. But in its defense you always got that come on from the girls, "omg do you straighten your hair???" I'd like to at this stage point out guys who straighten their hair have //issues//.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 RawK

issue free then i suppose!

not that i need long hair, then again who needs hair at all?
    but im definately not cutting it, I've always hated having short hair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

RawK wrote:
    issue free then i suppose!

not that i need long hair, then again who needs hair at all?
    but im definately not cutting it, I've always hated having short hair!

You could always try getting a perm :D
    Ironically enough, I have really curly hair that I spend my life straightening... would love to have your perfect straight hair!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Get yourself some curlers or maybe a pink ribbon to keep it tidy and add
    some variety. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Leah_K

RawK wrote:
    every other guy with long hair i've seen is beautifully curly or wavy, which is what ive always wanted... yet im stuck with these long dead-straight strands... is this normal for a guy?

There's nothing wrong with long, straight hair on a guy. And don't feel bad about it. My two cent(s): Curly is nice, wavy is good, but straight is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

well... its not abnormal, so to speak!

like most girls with long hair dont have poker straight hair, but some do... i have a mate with long hair and it has to be said, it's absolutely deadly. it looks great, and i remember a friend commenting to me that she'd 'do him, just for that hair...'...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

waaaaaaaaaait a minute...

location...

occupation....

long hair....

could it be that you are the friend i just mentioned?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I think if someone grows their hair then straight is better. As long as you don't do down the fake tan which is the way I think that the female straightening hair is going. I think curly looks the best on a girl

Anythings good though, as long as its not frizzy and when you're hairs poker straight you never have to worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

RawK wrote:
    Ok, first off, im a guy! so i know nothing about hair care or any of that ****, so pardon the ignorance!
    i have really long hair (down to my chest in length)
    i've been growing it for 4 years.
    the thing is, it's ABNORMALLY straight
    in the last 4 years i've been constantly asked by people "Do I straighten my hair?" The honest answer is No, and I genuinely never have!

I have mid back long hair myself and would LOVE if it was razor straight. Much easier to maintain and grow out. Count yourself lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 RawK

narco wrote:
    waaaaaaaaaait a minute...

location...

occupation....

long hair....

could it be that you are the friend i just mentioned?!

why yes it is me indeed... NIAMH!!!!

Advertisement