Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options in Dundalk

Options
  • 17-07-2007 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

I'm moving house next month and want to know the best options for broadband.

Currently have Eircom, good service, does the job for me, but I don't fancy the 6 months wait (I'm not kidding, it's happened to me twice now) for the muppets to get out and connect the line.

Other options are...
    Digiweb....any good? I've seen some people have issues with the black box not having a good enough signal. Is this common? Also, I'll be renting so there is a chance the future landlord won't allow me to have a box installed on the roof. I assume that's the only way to get connected to Digiweb. Is that right?

Clearwire/Irish Broadband... only heard bad reports about both of these. Are they really that terrible? A lot of the Clearwire threads I've checked out refer to p2p. What's that exactly? I just use the web for surfing, emails etc. I don't download stuff apart from the odd thing from itunes.

Advertisement