Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JFK Dunbrody Festival New Ross

Options
  • 17-07-2007 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭

Folks:

I'm thinking of heading down to the JFK Dunbrody Festival in New Ross this weekend. (Mrs Billy is from that neck of the woods.) Is it worth the drive down from Dublin? What's the French Market on the quays on Saturday like?

Also, anyone know the name of the Thai restaurant in Rosbercon & is it any good?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

it seems like a good festival but i've never gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Market is very good, my mother does a lot of shopping down there, and the Thai restraunt is Papa Thai I believe. Only ate there once, just after they were opened but it was quite good. If you;re eating in then the decor of the place is very nice, I believe, ate in there when it was Butterflys.

Haven't been to the festival in aages, but it should be quite good. And it's free this year, so at the worst you'll be down the price of petrol. If you;ve any more questions I'll probably be able to get them answered for you, working in the tourist information office for the summer.

was there a couple of years ago and was great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Saturday night lineup looks pretty good. Sunday night not so great but thats just me.
    I normally went for the rock gigs on the Saturday Afternoon, not sure if thats on this year it aint advertised but it was a success last year, so I doubt they've dropped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Will go for the market on Saturday, but heading on to Waterford on Saturday night. Thinking of trying Tuk Tuk Thai & then out for a few beers. Any recommendations for boozers to suit a couple of 30-somethings? Bit of music? Trad maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Conte

Make sure to ask for the extras in Tuk Tuk Thai. They are very tasty. As for a boozer, go to Geoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What are the "extras"? Sounds like something that you'd ask for in a brothel. :o Seriously, Tuk Tuk Thai was fantastic! I'd highly recommend it - even without the extras. :p

Went to the French Market in Ross on Saturday morning. It wasn't as "french" as I'd hoped. That said, the large tub of garlic & chili prawns were just what I needed for breakfast. The mushroom, pepper & potato tartelette was also very good. Bought a couple of lovely meats - a very hot chili sausage & a lump of cured boar for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

was in new ross yeat, twas good craic, big crowd and nice weather

Advertisement