Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermal Take WC Unit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

WillieDH wrote:
    Hi guys

any opinions on this, I'm considering getting it

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Liguid/DIY/cl-w0121/cl-w0121.asp

Seems to be a neat system

W

build ur own WC set up it will out perform that system by a hugh amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Cant disagree about performance , but its gonna cost you at least 2 as much . Plus i presume it should be easy enough to set up , so no worries about connectors , tubing .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Seriously, don't buy this thing. It will perform a fair bit worse than good aircoolers, an that's not to mention that TT WC gear is badly made; mixed metals, high restriction Alu rads, crappy pumps etc. Save up a bit more and go custom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

Thanks for the advice, I'm between minds now, want a WC system, not really going to do massive OC just like the look of them.

Any recommandations on what to buy ?, and I don't want to use a dremel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

this is probly the best KIT you can buy http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-014-SW&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=193

i would go custom if i was you tho !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Whats your budget? What parts you wanna go WC-CPU , GBU , NB?Are you looking for complete set or something customisable?

As awhir said that is pretty much the best "kit" you can get, but it's no different than going custom nor is a TT/ koolance kit, you still have to set it up, the only difference is choosing the stuff yourself, and you can always ask me for recommendations:D .

Call me vain, oh ok I am !

The looks are more important than being better than air, I've also only got an ATX housing and what I've seen with that type of WC stuff is the massive cases, I have two spare 5 1/4 inch bays thats why I liked the Thermaltake unit

Cpu only, as I'm going SLI at the end of the month ( 2 x 8800GTS 320MB )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

a custom one would still look better as you pick and chose how it looks i.e colour of water etc. and in terms of doing an sli setup, if you haven't done this before you'll need help especially if you are tryin to do it all in one loop. Also you have to have a serious set off balls to rip the air coolers off two gts's no matter what setup you're going for cause doing so is voiding your warranty. The biggest pain i ever had with doing that kinda setup is if you do it in one loop you have to take everything off just to reseat the cpu which is a nightmare.
    my two cents would be watercool the cpu as you are going to and leave the gpu alone cause if one is busted and you need to change it in a couple of years time then the water block won't be compatable with new cards and you'll have difficulty getting your hands on one. also leaving the air cooler alone means if it does get f*cked then send it back to the manufacturer and save yourself a few hundred squids

No way am I touching my beautiful 8800's !, its only CPU I want to do.

I don't like the look of my 8800 anyhow, the exposed pcb on the top looks crap.

My last card, an ATI 1650 Pro from shapphire had a nice big silver heatsink with pipes coming out of it.

Any mods to make the 8800 pretier ?

• Advertisement

WillieDH wrote:
    No way am I touching my beautiful 8800's !, its only CPU I want to do.

I don't like the look of my 8800 anyhow, the exposed pcb on the top looks crap.

My last card, an ATI 1650 Pro from shapphire had a nice big silver heatsink with pipes coming out of it.

Any mods to make the 8800 pretier ?
    Lol, are you serious? ATI cards have a fugly red PCB? Sure they're great if you're going for a red theme but most aren't, black blends with everything much better. And it's cool to be vain about these things, so am I;) . If you want to make any WC set up look good you are really gonna have to do a few cuts here and there, but that isn't too much work, is it? Have a look on bit-tech, XS and [H] you'll find some fantastic looking rigs free of any pre made cooling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

looks like a very restricted flow system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Thermaltake are sh1t.

nibble wrote:
    Lol, are you serious? ATI cards have a fugly red PCB? QUOTE]

Nope my card was an Ultimate version from Sapphire, nice blue one and my system is blue lighted so worked very well, in fact it was a way nice looking card than the 8800 I have now ! but sure you can't have everything !

http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/06/08/sapphire_ultimate_x1600xt.jpg

http://gtfogaming.co.uk/files/CK%20Rig%205.JPG

WillieDH wrote:
    nibble wrote:
    Lol, are you serious? ATI cards have a fugly red PCB? QUOTE]

Nope my card was an Ultimate version from Sapphire, nice blue one and my system is blue lighted so worked very well, in fact it was a way nice looking card than the 8800 I have now ! but sure you can't have everything !

http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/06/08/sapphire_ultimate_x1600xt.jpg

http://gtfogaming.co.uk/files/CK%20Rig%205.JPG
    Ahh well that's different then, thought about going water any more?

Advertisement