Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite loose leaf teas

Options
  • 17-07-2007 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭

I've decided to start treating myself to loose leaf tea more often rather than the stuff in teabags. Thing is I'm not sure what are the nice brands. I know Barry's and Lyons sell their teas in loose leaf form, but I wouldn't go buying the ground version of my usual instant coffee so I figure the same logic should apply to tea.

What are the favourites of posters here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

You're into a whole different world once you start on loose leaf teas. It all depends how you like to drink it. If you're looking for something with the strength and body of Barrys (but a far superior flavour) try an Assam or 'Breakfast Blend'. Pretty sure Twinings and Bewleys do those, and McGill's Deli do a great range (the name escapes me for the moment).

For something lighter (an 'afternoon' tea), try Darjeeling or Earl Grey.

Then there's all the Chinese varieties, gunpowder and Lapsang (delicious smoky flavour), which I don't know much about.

Best thing I would say is to experiment a bit to find types you like, then try a few different brands. They will vary a lot, but something is sure to hit the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Stark, can't admit to being much of a tea drinker but M&D have a stall in
    both Georges St Arcade and on Sundays in Howth's Farmers market.
    They have 90+ varieties of tea in stock and if it's half as good as their
    coffee I'm confident you'll find something to suit your tastes.
    Pop into their place in town and have a chat, they're rather passionate
    and knowledgeable about tea & coffee.

Advertisement