Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cambers bent 02 Toledo

Options
  • 17-07-2007 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi

Got my car tracked a couple of weeks ago and got talking to the fella doing it,
    and asked him why it's always pulling a bit funny. He said that the cambers are bent in the back and the passenger 1 was fairly bad. I am now wondering how to fix this as never had much experience with suspension's. Also what causes this, there is 130000miles on the clock and 17" alloys on it just wondering if i fix it is it going to be just as bad in a few months.

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

There is no such part as "cambers", who ever did the tracking is having you on.

Camber is the angle the wheel is at it is measured in degrees. If the camber is bad the wheels could look like this / \ when viewed from the front, would have to be very bad or broken parts for the wheels to be that badly out. Camber can be adjusted on some suspension but not sure about your car.

If the car has lowered suspension the camber angle could be slightly off. This could cause the inside edges of the front tyres to wear quicker. But I don't think it will cause the car to pull to one side.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johntreacy

Thanks Neil you cleared a lot of things up for me.
    The car was never lowered well as far as I know.
    It is wearing the tires on the very corner and i think this is the problem that so little of the tyre is getting grip.
    Any idea if this is a big job to adjust the angle and would it be a garage or a tyre place that would fix it for me.
    Roughly from looking straight down at the tyre to looks to be about 1 1/2" to 2" further out on the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Discount tyres in rosemount in Blanchardstown are good, they should be able to sort you out. Don't go back to the original place you went to for tracking!

If it is really bad there could be some suspension parts that may need to be replaced, rubber wishbone bushings could be worn out...you said there was 130k on the car.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johntreacy

Thanks Neil

Ya think i'll call over to me uncle's and put it up on the lift and see what bushings are gone first. This will make you laugh, That guy told me that the only way to fix it is to replace the axle. Though there had to be a better way.
    Thanks again for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

I'd recommend Discount Tyres in Blanchardstown as well, they've a good rig for doing tracking, and do camber properly as well. Bear in mind that most smaller places don't have the gear for doing camber - they only do the tracking (which is the wheels pointing left or right from where they should be) If there's a big visible lean in on the wheel (and the wheel is straight) I'd say there's some damaged or badly worn parts somewhere, the adjustment on camber is usually only small, if it's there at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement