Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade Build

Options
  • 17-07-2007 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Here's my current spec of a machine, the issues I have I do a lot of web design work, no real gaming so do not recommend me a 150 euro video card but onboard is not acceptable. The current system that I've had for two years now is starting to get past it's best and I need it replacing.

At the moment I have a budget of around 500 Euro to replace things, but could increase to 700 in a couple of weeks. I only have a Maestro and Laser card so everything is going to have to be retail, or Elara to make it more difficult!

Current build and what I plan to keep and replace is:
    - Celeron D341 2.93Ghz (Replace)
    - 768MB DDR PC3200 RAM (Replace)
    - 1X 250GB IDE HD + 1X160GB IDE HD (Keep if possible)
    - ATI Radeon 9650 AGP (Replace for PCI Express)
    - PCI Wireless Card (Keep unless motherboard has it built in)
    - 1X LG DVDRW Drive (Keep)
    - 1X LG DVD Drive (Keep)
    - 1X Floppy Drive (Keep)
    - 1X MS Wireless Keyboard and Mouse (Keep)
    - 1X Creative Speakers (Keep)
    - 1X LG 19" Monitor

So basically what I need, is New Ram, a new motherboard, new CPU (Core 2 Duo E4400 is fine) fans, CPU cooling and case.

Shouldn't be too hard, recommend away!

Comments

Advertisement