Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Patch 1.40 When is it out ????

Options
  • 17-07-2007 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭

Can anyone shed any light on when the official patch is out:confused: . Using the beta at the moment ( big mistake :o ) and can play on very few servers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

No news at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

Its usually about a month or 6 weeks afther beta is launched.
    that was 3 or 5 weeks aog now.

So you might see it in one of the next few tuesdays.
    usually 5 or 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ibjiba

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just bear in mind that if you play in any leagues , you have to wait for the league to verify the patch . If you install it before they have done this then you would be inelligible to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

is this just bug fixes or are they adding anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

New map, good map too, Tampa Highway, plenty of vehicles to act the bollocks in, great fun.

MooseJam wrote:
    is this just bug fixes or are they adding anything

They are making it so that you do not need to keep customising your weapons. The game will remember you last configuration. :) thats the best thing about this new patch for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

They are making it so that you do not need to keep customising your weapons. The game will remember you last configuration. :) thats the best thing about this new patch for me .

dam right, i don't how many rushes to Mechs i've missed when i've been setting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

dam right, i don't how many rushes to Mechs i've missed when i've been setting up.

lol, I've given up doing config for the beginning of the round. Dont even join a squad befor spawn. Just spawn in teh goliath and then worry about squad. Hopefully by the time I have to bail from goliath, there'll be plenty of kits to choose from :)

I dont know how anyone can play NS, I hate it so much , I'm mush more of an infantry based player , which none on the NS maps really suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Each to their own I suppose. I prefer infantry based play as well and I really like NS. apart from the goliath making an appearance and the odd walker, port bavaria is mainly running battles for me and very intense fire fights.

Liberation of liepzig is also quite good for infantry battles (but you are right, vehicles do take away from the fun of the urban combat firefights).

With the new map being a vehicle extravaganza (the 2142 version is supposed to concentrate on flying seemingly , especially in titan mode) here's hoping for a few infantry slanted maps. a few flags in alleyways where vehicles cant get to would be nice. perhaps a city warren type of map ? (actually a half ice covered half city map would be great! )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I've great fun as assault on the NS maps. you can rake up the kills. Not as good as gibraltar for infantry fighting. actually at the moment, i'm having good crack as an engineer on vehicle intensive maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

any one know whats going to be in the next patch? is there going to be INF only? /me waits and hops.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

any one know whats going to be in the next patch? is there going to be INF only? /me waits and hops.

There's been no mention of it but they're still adding stuff. Dice have said they're finally properly fixing pod surfing, so it may yet be added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Ah come on now, Port Bavaria can be an exceptional infantry map, around the Living Quarters and the Military Barracks! If one team is a lot better than the other I guess they'll end up dominating with a lot of vehicles though, but that doesnt happen too often when i play on Moders Port Bavaria 24/7

Advertisement