Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monsterplay classes?

Options
  • 17-07-2007 1:38pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,i havent done much Monsterplay,any tips on a decent class for pvp?
    Also i really need to learn the layout of that huge area for monsterplay,ethermores or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well the following are the monster classes available.

Wargs... Stealth based hunters, but a good bit nerfed right now with burg and minstrels able to take them out of stealth. One of the weaker classes at the moment, but a fun one.

Black Arrows... These are at present the most popular class from what I can see. Good long range, and able to hold up ok close up. Everyone and their mother is one.

Reavers... Up close and nasty. These are the workhorses, you'll die alot but will be pretty popular since they're always in short supply these days.

Weavers... Spiders. These would be what I would roll if I was to play a monster afresh. Their ability to pin fleeing freeps is invaluable, got long range attack and respectable close up. Plus the bury is nice.

Warleader... If people aren't black arrows these days they're warleaders. Grants buffs to other monsters and can heal and raise the fallen.

Monster play is seriously unbalanced, which is fair enough in my book. One clued in freep can handle 2-3 creeps if they know what they're doing. Although catch one battling some creatures and you can get a nice cheap kill on your own.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers for that Rev.

I do have a warg and a reaver atm but as i say i barely played them.
    Im levelling up a Captain and Hunter normal play these days so ill more than likely pick something different to these guys for monsterplay.

After my initial disapointment with lotro im loving it recently after i made a renewed effort.

Advertisement