Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crying dog

Options
  • 17-07-2007 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have a dog that crys when she:

a. Hears my car driving into driveway
    b. Sees me and wants to get inside and if she doesnt she crys and crys.

she is now 5..............

any suggestion.............................................

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Get another dog to keep her company. My dogs are too busy wondering what the other dogs are doing to take any notice of me.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 hollycallan

Too Small Of Garden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The dog wants to play with you, see if you can make more time to give her some more attention.

I think thats mainly the problem, I give her too much attention, I'm the soft touch in my household as when my partner drives into driveway there isnt a word from her, she has a look in patiodoor and then goes off about her business and when he's in the house she never dreams of crying and as he gets home 1.5 hrs b4 me......so when it comes near my arrival she will walk up and down the path waiting for me.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Amimad

Holly,
    She has you well trained!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

Your like myself. My pup Esri was always greeted at the gate of the house by my fiance when he arrived home from work on the motorbike. She'd hear it coming up the road and run to the gate. She would sit somewhat patiently and then try jump through the gate at him for attention. I stopped him doing this as when he turns to unlock the front door, she runs back and forth from the gate to the back sliding door howling and crying for attention. I made him only say "hi" or ignore her completely, go into the house, take off his jacket and go then to the back door and say hi. She is slowly learning if she sits calmly she gets more attention.
    Do you have her trained to the basics - sit, stay, wait, come? Teach her to sit and stay while you take your jacket off and praise her when she does, ignore when she doesn't. From the sounds of it, your partner doesn't give her loads of attention as she knows he wouldn't accept that behaviour i guess you could say. You'll have to be strong and tell her "no" and only give her attention when she is quiet....praising her and repeating quiet will teach her and she will learn quick with rewards - be in treats or attention! IT is working on my mule of a pup...she is crying a little still but normally looks at us through the gate and trots to the back door and waits.
    Hope this helped you. :)

Yeah, I have tired all of ur above and still she crys...................
    she is so well behaved otherwise, does so many tricks, stays on the beach for ages sitting till you call her, so so well trained so different tricks, rolls around and sits dropping her head and lifting paw, goes into her basket and stays etc etc etc etc I could go on about all the tricks she can do but this bloddy crrying........

Advertisement