Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Akira on Big Screen

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sounds good =D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

:eek:

Tempting... *goes to dig out an Akira tshirt* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I wonder if Otomo approves of this. I don't like the way they're going to tone it down to make it more suitable for Western audiences, thats a load of crap. Thats what Akira is all about.

Master of the Universe

Saruwatari wrote:
    I wonder if Otomo approves of this. I don't like the way they're going to tone it down to make it more suitable for Western audiences, thats a load of crap. Thats what Akira is all about.

:confused:
    Tone what down? Did I miss something?

I read somewhere they were planning on toning down the mind-twisting and psychological parts, like the ending and stuff. In other words, completely ruining it.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

That's impossible! It's an animated film. It's not like they have film stock lying about that they can re edit it with.

Me thinks your sources are having you on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Who from boards will be going?

The guy wrote:
    What, to see the film?

Master of the Universe

The guy wrote:

Was on last wednesday. I wasn't able to go myself :(