Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

High End Surround Sound Processor

• 17-07-2007 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good system ? I know little of this area so a shove in the correct direction would be great !

baud.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

as you said high end.......http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&SUB=24&ProductID=543

you could do a lot worse than this...
    hey have a few cheaper ones too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Richersounds are entry level rather than high end. Contact Cloney Audio at www.cloneyaudio.com as they're really the only people doing true high end cinema stuff. It isn't cheap but you'll get what you pay for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭bauderline

Thanks guys,

Both of those sites are very useful ! The Pioneer system looks about right for me, though I will defo have to have a good look in Cloney Audio, some real nice kit there to !

I notice a pair of speakers on the Pre-Owned section for 150k surely a typo !

baud.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

what's your budget? have you speakers already? richersounds may be too cheap, cloney may be too much..if money is no object i'd look at a pre/pro from cloney or similar, but we're talking big bucks there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

bauderline wrote:
    I notice a pair of speakers on the Pre-Owned section for 150k surely a typo !

baud.

'fraid not! Those are Wilson Watts iirc and that's what those babies cost. Ugly things too.... if that mattered.

Talk to Cloneys anyway, their advice is free.... if it's just a processor you need then Arcam do a few AV amps for around the €2,000 mark which certainly meet the "high end" level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

The new Onkyo's are really the ones to be looking at ( for 1-2K ) , they have all the new dolby decoding on board , for HDMI 1.3 uncompressed audio and such , just spotted a thread about this here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055126479

Others will follow , but for now Onkyo lead the pack !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

mathias wrote:

Others will follow , but for now Onkyo lead the pack !

hmmmm..not quite....they are doing well..but i wouldn't go as far as to say they lead the pack..there is more to audio tham the formats you decode..

but for now, they are one of a few to choose from, which for me onkyo usually aren't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

For sure they wouldnt be up to the stock in Cloney audio , but the 805 with the HDMI 1.3 looks like a very affordable option , especially in conjunction with a PS3 ,

Avforums seem to love the PS3 as a blu ray player.

Got about 2K to spend myself , which wouldnt go to far in Cloney audio unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Buy off the net I got a Onkyo 605 which I'm very happy with as I have a PS3 & Toshiba HD-DVD player matched with Tannoy Speakers and Sub.

Snake ;)

Advertisement