Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free parking

Options
  • 17-07-2007 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

Hi I am from Dublin and might be working in Cork city for a few weeks, anyone know where I will get free parking?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

whereabouts are you working?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Don't even know yet. Probably French Church St. I'm not sure where that is.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

That's just off Patrick's Street, not sure you're going to have much luck with free parking around there. If you had been working closer to UCC I might have been able to help, sorry :(

Thanks anyway Tazzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

What Tazzle said... you'll struggle to find free parking thats within a 15min walk from French Church Street. Maybe the Park & Ride would suit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

They will put me up in a hotel I would imagine (Ah yeah.... good point, car park). Looks like a really nice area, should be plenty for me to do at night... restaurants and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lindseys

Hi does anyone know where i could find free parking near st jiohns college in cork. I dont mind walking. Is there parking around turners cross area or south infirmary area. Any help would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

lindseys wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know where i could find free parking near st jiohns college in cork. I dont mind walking. Is there parking around turners cross area or south infirmary area. Any help would be great.

You could chance parking in St Finbarre's Hospital but the security will catch you one day. The nearest place for free parking would be across the way from Turners Cross soccer ground in Mercier Park, thats a good 20 minute walk.

One of the replies above said if it was closer to UCC he could help, anyone care to further that one?

If the OP is stuck the BlackAsh park and ride is 5 euro per day which isnt too bad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

The nearest place to St Johns is up a cul de sac beside lennox's chipper on Anglesea street.
    You would need to get there early though as the places go fast.
    Next to that is up beside Bord gais basically across the other side of the footbridge that crosses the link.
    Again you will need to be there early

Both are 5 mins walk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭redroar1942

There's free parking run by UCC on Pouladuff road in togher. They run a bus to and from the colllege. The same bus will also take you to the blackash low cost car park. The college campus is about fifteen mins from the city centre,

The pouladuff car park is usually full by 9.30am. It has a full time security gaurd and as of this year they will be clamping non students/college staff/visitors cars.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

as of this year they will be clamping non students/college staff/visitors cars.:(

brilliant! I wonder how they'll do that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There's free parking run by UCC on Pouladuff road in togher. They run a bus to and from the colllege. The same bus will also take you to the blackash low cost car park. The college campus is about fifteen mins from the city centre,

The pouladuff car park is usually full by 9.30am. It has a full time security gaurd and as of this year they will be clamping non students/college staff/visitors cars.:(

Cheers for that forgo about Pouladuff completely, do students still pay a fiver for Blackash or is it cheaper?

Doing a Masters so after Xmas I;ll be in late at night so I might have to leave the car at home completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

does the ucc bus go pouladuff then to blackash then to ucc? I can't remember. I only graduated this year and i've forgotten. I still have 12 months left on my UCC ID, but I work in town and am paying that €5 each day for black ash.
    If I parked in Pduff and got the buss to Bkash then the green bus to town it would save me the €5. But all that extra effort for just 5 quid seems a bit much. I would earn the €5 at work in less then 15 mins where as finding spaces and using 2 busses would take about 20 to 25 mins costing me more then I would save... hmmm

Does the UCC bus driver still stamp the ticket? Maybe I could show the girl behind the desk at blakash my in date UCC id and get the parking for free. What you guys think?

Advertisement