Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To ask or to bide my time

• 17-07-2007 4:05pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

myself and a friend were having a discussion and it threw me off slightly, had never crossed my mind.

the situation is. in a club, drunk to the point where memories are vague, met a girl, danced, kissed, she gave me her number, took mine, now we are texting casually, i said in passing to my friend " i think i'll just ask her out on a date", my friend says "what after meeting her once, thats weird". he believes in the whole ' meet up with her in a club sorta thing, less personal sorta malarky' my question, is it weird? what are peoples views as it got me thinking a bit, as thats how i normally operate with this sorta thing, now i'm doubting it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is your mate 12? You like her, ask her out. Simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

a date can be as formal or as informal as you like. guys are like this alot. they think one date means they're pegged in for the long haul. silly. just ring her and ask her would she like to go out some time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

don't doubt yourself. nothing wrong with meeting up with someone for a casual coffee etc. your mate is the one with the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Nothing wrong with the way you are thinking. Think its perfectly normaly, ur friend seems to have a very juvenile view of things.

Go and ask the girl out and never mind your mate.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

Your mate needs to grow up. Ask her out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I am that mate.

My point was by "asking her out" I didn't mean on a date, which would be fine, as much as "ask her out" in the committed relationship sense, which to be honest would be mad after meeting her once and a) not remembering what she looks like b) remember very little of the conversation had with her.

but meeting up with her again as in on a date or whatever, yeah, of course. how else would you proceed with it!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

Is your mate 12? You like her, ask her out. Simple.

Yup...that's about it.

Advertisement