Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker

Options
  • 17-07-2007 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Can anyone tell me where to go to find a good poker game , Tournie or Casine in Cork city . I will be spending a few nights there soon and might fancy a game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

try the poker forum

there are a few in cork, one called the macau.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Is the shangrila (spelling?) limit only?

[URL="HTTP://www.macausportingclub.com"]The Macau[/URL] is probably the easiest but give it a few weeks and there might be more. There's all sorts of rumors flying around at the mo.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Blitzy, what does "Macau is probably the easiest" mean? A genuine question as I am interested and kinda innocent too maybe! Also, can I ask what I should read into "there's all sorts of rumours flying around at the mo ........."?
    Now another query if I may ............. I'm really keen on getting back to live poker after a few years -- does Macau have 7-stud and 5-draw tables or is it only Tex Hold'em (grrrr) everywhere nowadays? Thanks in advance for any reply.

Maybe I should add that money poker in pubs is actually illegal and "against the Law". Not that I have any moral issue against it -- I've played enough of it over the years. But, a publican could in fact be prosecuted and in the worst case scenario lose his licence for permitting it on his premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The best place to find a 5-draw game on in the city is the Garda club on a Monday night. If there could be better evidence of the Gardai not giving a flying about poker in pubs, I don't think I could find it.

The Macau is probably the easiest because it's in the same place every night :). It's a pain to have to go looking for different pubs around the city if you're not local. Even with what the lads are sayinghere, it's nice to have consistent rules as well. I personally also find it difficult to be in a pub and not drink.

There's a full weekly tournament list on their website (afaik). It's all no-limit hold'em these days. They used to play Omaha but I think it died out due to lack of players and lack of trained dealers.

About the rumours - there's so many of them flying around I don't know what to believe. You can find most of them in the poker forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Excellent. Many thanks for that. Most helpful info.

Heh, that's some irony for sure re the venue on Penrose Quay.

Advertisement