Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway: I Approve

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I got sick of Galway, went to America for the Summer and had planned on moving to Dublin when i got back. Stayed one nite up der after returning and nearly broke my legs running as fast as i could out of the place(slight exageration)!! Moved back to galway and haven't looked back since. The only thing Galway is missing though is some decent niteclubs. The pubs are great craic all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mahell

DRakE wrote:
    You. Are. Over. 40. Years. Old.

or else you're clueless.

I. Am. 29. Years. Old.

And fair enough, Neachtain's does draw a different kind of crowd, but it could hardly be considered a stereotype of the "auld fella's pub".

And those other ones I mentioned are full of shams in all honesty!

But at the end of the day I suppose we all end up where we're supposed to be so good luck to those of you who happily sup there.

And stay out of Neachtain's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Mahell wrote:

And stay out of Neachtain's :)

I thought you Neachtains hippehs didn't go in for rules and borders maaaan.

What if I get some filth encrusted comedy dreads and a dog on a rope... can I come in then?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Three years here, why go anywhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭scitpo

Just to stop this from being a complete Galway love in. Whats not to like about Galway.

Weather. Its crap. Not hot, not cold, just nothing all year around.

The temporary nature of the place. All the people you see here are just around for a few days to years. Get to know somebody and they might be going in 6 months.
    Shopping in Galway is fairly rubbish compared to even smaller towns in the country. Eg. The worst Tesco in Ireland. No superquinn.
    Traffic is the worst in Ireland.
    Nothing really to do apart fromt the pub. Rubbish sporting facilities, gyms etc.
    The most expensive place in Ireland for houses (per avg. income).

Its not all bad though but I will be delighted to leave in just a year now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

true true true.
    And public transport is crippled.
    The last citylink leaves galway at 6pm. Madness, particularly on a friday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

Ok, if we're adding complaints - shopping is poor. I will concede that fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Hixfunk

Galway's appeal has always been and will always be a good spot for a short time.....the novelty of the city wears off quickly. Same faces in the same corners in the same pubs, weekend after weekend.

Now living in Dublin and can go out every night of the week to a different enjoyable nightspot, and never want to move back (still enjoy the odd trip down once every 5 months or so)

How's the water these days??

Advertisement