Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

final fantasy x

Options
  • 17-07-2007 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

could anyone tell me how it is possible to defeat sin at the end of the game?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He's tough. There are 3 methods:

1. Cheat a bit and use Yojimbos 1 hit kill
    2. Level up some more
    3. Use some very advanced FF tactics and take him down at low levels.

I used 3 but I'm very good at FF games. You should do all the side missions but if you are playing the European version no doubt the stupid Dark Aeons will stop you from doing this. I suggest catching monsters for the arena and levelling up there.

If you are on about the timed battle with sin you aren't quite finished yet. The last boss is a huge difficulty spike and you will need a bit of levelling up if you don't use Yojimbo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

yeah its the time part that seems to be the problem. what missions do i need to do to defeat this part?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's really just levelling up. If you want to try some tactics I used Tidus with his quick hit ability, Auron for his sheer power and Lulu I think for her great magic and used Yuna's limit break with Bahamut as a last desperate attempt to kill him. The desperate attempt worked and I just beat him.

Other than that just capture enemies from the different areas and fight the uber monsters in the arena to level up.

If you want the easy way then get the Yojimbo Summon.

You should probably level up because the final boss is much, much worse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

retrogamer did you play the sequel to ff10?if so what did you think of it?

Unfortunately I did. Without exaggerating it's absolutely atrocious. The combat is back to a horrible ATB system that is fairly broken, job system has only a handful of jobs worth using, story is cliched awfulness and the characters have completely changed. Rikku is really annying and far too happy, Yuna is no longer her brave self but a dumb annoying bimbo and they are joined by annoying emo Paine. I won't even go into the crew of the airship which features 'Brother' an annoying jock pervert who all the girls think is cute (might be a bit of realism in that however). Also if you want to get the good ending you have to use a walkthrough. You need to do loads of unmarked subquests and there are a few bugs that can stop you getting this ending. Not to mention the mission based structure and the pointlessness of the sub missions and story missions.

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Unfortunately I did. Without exaggerating it's absolutely atrocious. The combat is back to a horrible ATB system that is fairly broken, job system has only a handful of jobs worth using, story is cliched awfulness and the characters have completely changed. Rikku is really annying and far too happy, Yuna is no longer her brave self but a dumb annoying bimbo and they are joined by annoying emo Paine. I won't even go into the crew of the airship which features 'Brother' an annoying jock pervert who all the girls think is cute (might be a bit of realism in that however). Also if you want to get the good ending you have to use a walkthrough. You need to do loads of unmarked subquests and there are a few bugs that can stop you getting this ending. Not to mention the mission based structure and the pointlessness of the sub missions and story missions.

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha =D thats what I thought alright....did they even find your man tidus? I hope they did'nt =D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

did they even find your man tidus? I hope they did'nt =D
    Yes, in the 'good' ending. Its on youtube somewhere if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

ive got the best way......
    DONT BE SUCH A NOOB
    autolife is put on each character when your fighting him...
    if you cant beat him with autolife on you, then you should never ever play a game for the rest of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

most unhelpfull comment ever...and the word noob is mainly used by those who spend to much time living in games n not enough in the real world so use it to belittle those who have a life as if to insult them for not living it electronically...
    sorry dude but that just makes u sad...
    and thats like saying of u shudnt use magic or aeons or soemthing, it is in the game to be used! people use every advantage, mabey he dosent want to waste 10 hours o his life leveling? so why shudnt he use it?

Don't mind him, that thick just didn't bother reading the previous posts and is talking about completely the wrong battle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement