Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Relegation Predictions

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Fulham, Derby and Wigan.
    West Ham to make another deal with the devil and stay up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

*bump*

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Wigan, Derby and Fulham or Sunderland. The signings the four of those teams have made scream relegation.

Birmingham on the other hand, look well prepared.
    Er, I got Wigan and Reading confused. They both play in blue and white stripes! :pac:

Birmingham's boardroom antics have sent them into trouble. Sunderland have done fractionally better than I expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Basicly everyone has been mainly right - Sunderland and Wigan have ultimatly done better than widely expected but otherwise...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Well i think Derby was main candidate to relegate and they confirmed that,anyway i would definitly picked Sunderland and Wigan but these teams played enough good to stay in league.Fulham,Reading and Birminghem are still quiet surprising for me in position to fight for places for staying in league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Come on Brian McBride!! One more time please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

18. Birmingham
    19. Fulham
    20. Derby

Still on the cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

You also gave some money on bet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Wigan, Man City and Birmingham (or Derby)
    Precisely why with Sven in charge. Plus theyve lost Barton and Distin who were both influential last season and they still havent addressed their inability to do what matters...score goals. Unless Mpenza comes on in leaps and bounds or Sven spends very big in the next month then I'm gonna go all out and make such a bold prediction.
    I think it will be Derby and 2 from these:

Middlesbrough
    Birmingham
    Sunderland
    Wigan
    Manchester City
    Fulham
    Blackburn
    Reading

I can't pick any major difference in strength between those 8 teams, should be competitive stuff down at the bottom!

Lollers!

First season I can remember that I DIDN'T have any relegation fears. We were pretty much safe by Christmas! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Derby have a lot of young talent and Billy Davies is a good manager, but IMO it's a season or two too early for them.

A couple of weeks ago Fulham were one of my certs to go down, but I think they've made good signings so now I'm not so sure.

I think Derby and Wigan will go down, and one team from the following who I think will be in the mix:

Birmingham
    Fulham
    Boro
    Reading - Second Season Syndrome, losing their most influential player, lack of signings
    Sunderland - unpredictable...don't think they'll get relegated, but I don't think they'll reach the dizzying heights many are predicting
    Bolton - Another hard one to call, but I think they'll slip a good bit and at least flirt with relegation

Apart from Wigan (who would definitely be down if they finished with the same manager they started with) I'm pretty happy with my predictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

SofaK wrote: »
    Kamara will add some much needed pace for Fulham upfront I think. I reckon they'll just about beat the drop
    Gwan Fulham, ye can do it! :)

Kamara seems quite a lazy player but has scored some vital goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Fulham will stay up.

Their main problem was the injuries to McBride and Bullard.

They've been a completely different team with those two back.

Advertisement