Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade in's becoming really unfair these days?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

They wouldnt take Crackdown cause it was an import. Completely legit and working on Irish systems though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I find xtra vision give the best trade in values, I got €30 each for fight night 3, test drive unlimited and some **** game i cant remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

What we need is a national 'Saturday Swap Shop' system going on, every fecking game shop connected, all the resources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 DamoBrad

i totally understand.. i bought The Darkness for €70 wednesday and DON'T BUY IT COS ITS DIRT..

anyways... i went in friday to trade it in and i got €28.. flippen robbery or wot.. and now they slap it back on the shelf for €40.. theivin fukrs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

The darkness is savage as hell man.

Im just pissed off cause of the blatant thievery going on with their pricing structures. from now on im selling personally, fuk trade ins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

a couple of months ago i traded in FIFA 07 and Project 8 on original XBOX and they offered me 16 euro for the two. i was really annoyed as i had only bought them about 6 weeks before for 50 each but i traded them in anyway and got crackdown which im thinkin about tradin in now

btw game offer brilliant prices for trading in DS games i jus thought you mite want to know, i traded in my DS along with Super Mario and Mariokart DS and got Guitar Hero 2 on the 360 for a fiver!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

krudler wrote:
    ill NEVER buy a preowned 360 game because the thing is too damn picky about the condition of the discs,the slightest scratch and itll refure to play it, plus preowned prices are a complete rip off, 45 quid for a 2nd hand game? yeah right,pay the extra 10-15 quid and get the brand new one
    I agree with you about spending the few quid extra to get a new copy if the second hand price is ridiculous. If you find a second hand game you want, just inspect the surface of the disc before you buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Smyths have a decent trade-in deal at the moment, where you can swap two old games straight across for one new one. There are bound to be some criteria the games have to meet, but this morning I managed to get Elite Beat Agents for two DS games that cost less than it did when I bought them new (that's both of them combined).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

DamoBrad wrote:
    i totally understand.. i bought The Darkness for €70 wednesday and DON'T BUY IT COS ITS DIRT..

anyways... i went in friday to trade it in and i got €28.. flippen robbery or wot.. and now they slap it back on the shelf for €40.. theivin fukrs...

why did you do that? Lost the receipt? You had 28 days to change your mind and bring it back as long as it was in good condition and re-sellable,which after 2 days I imagine it would have been. They would only give you store credit but 70quid store credit is better than 28euro.

you get some decent store credit for ps3 and wii games and newer 360 games in xtra vision. newer ps2 ones you can get a decent amount as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

DamoBrad wrote:

I can't believe you didn't enjoy the Darkness at all. Started playing it last night and it's mental!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

DamoBrad wrote:

28 isnt bad for a game they are selling for 40,they are only making 12euro if they sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I've heard some horrible scenarios where friends got two euro for X-Box games and such but then you'd see them being sold for 10-20 on the shelves. I'd say they make an absolute bomb off trade ins.

quad_red wrote:
    I can't believe you didn't enjoy the Darkness at all. Started playing it last night and it's mental!
    OT, I know, but people are annoyed by the lack of a map or radar to let you know where, say, you're own girlfriend lives. Instead you have to look at the sign posts on street corners to navigate which is a bit of a 'real life feature' that isn't really appreciated in games. It would also be helpful if there was some way to easily locate the person whom you've just completed a side mission for. The ending is meant to be g'dawful too!

Not my criticisms, just what I've learned from podcasts. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Fnz wrote:
    OT, I know, but people are annoyed by the lack of a map or radar to let you know where, say, you're own girlfriend lives. Instead you have to look at the sign posts on street corners to navigate which is a bit of a 'real life feature' that isn't really appreciated in games. It would also be helpful if there was some way to easily locate the person whom you've just completed a side mission for. The ending is meant to be g'dawful too!

Not my criticisms, just what I've learned from podcasts. :)

The ending is genius. Much better than your generic 'wow i saved the world...time to relax! *freeze frame pose, saxopone solo* credits roll..THE END??' crap arse ending. It actually a pretty touching ending...tho it is short.

0ubliette wrote:
    The ending is genius. Much better than your generic 'wow i saved the world...time to relax! *freeze frame pose, saxopone solo* credits roll..THE END??' crap arse ending. It actually a pretty touching ending...tho it is short.
    As I've said, "not my criticisms" as I haven't played the game. How did you find the lack of map/radar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

At first it was confusing but now im used to it its not even a problem, and another thing the darkenss does well i think..not every game has to have a waypoint marker or radar to show you around!

Advertisement