Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirsoft.ie

Options
  • 17-07-2007 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

Our own Shiva is after going ahead and opening up an airsoft retail store.

www.eirsoft.ie.

I just want to wish him the best of luck with it. He has a selection of 7 AEGs up at the moment. At the prices he's selling them for, they're going to fly.
    (trying to resist the urge to buy one myself...would if it weren't for the damn FAL :mad: )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

hehe...nice play on the word 'airsoft'. It's quite catchy and easy to remember.

Best of luck Shiva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Best of luck Shiva.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Nice.
    Good Luck Shiva.

One question: will everything be sent by post, or will there be an option to collect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Excellent, nice one Shiva. I'll try to put some buisness your way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

O>M>G im going to be skint for the rest of my life.....

Wish you all the best and ill be putting an order in soon :D

P.S if this aint on ASI it should be (aint looked yet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Best of luck, I will point all my mates and potential airsofters in your direction, as i'm sure everyone else will. :)

Might I suggest a stock level indicator though, there's nothin more annoying than ordering a few items and not knowing if theyre all in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Good luck Tony shame I have bought everything I need already. Bar spare mags and BB's but I'll direct anyone over to you if they are looking for anything.

Any plans to do BB's, Gas and Mags you could do very good business selling the consumables.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Oh Sweet. I wanted a few more myself but was hopeing I could get
    them within Ireland! On the Lookout for a Steyer AUG Irish Army style
    and a realistic looking AEG Pistol and a spare short aeg that I could
    maybe get one or two friends to try out with.

The Prices on the stock so far are amazing.
    What do ye reckon is the best buy ?

Dboys M4 A1
    Well Heckler & Koch MP7
    Are both tempting.

May buy next paycheck. Hopefully stuff
    can be shipped to an address other than the
    billing address as was going to chance getting
    it sent to work.

No BB's themselves though which I thought would be
    there. (I got no local supply)

Creating an account now. There should be no need
    to make the Post code "a must have" though considering
    Ireland does not use post codes!

(Edit: Just Thinking it may not be something he has control over
    if its a secure shopping cart made by company)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just to let you know Tony. I was creating an account and zip/postal code is a required field in the form.

Might want to alter that!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

I'd advise changing it to an optional field rather than removing it though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Nice one:D

Should be sending some buisness your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Be great as well to know if something is in stock or not.

I have a habit of only buying when I see something is in stock.
    If something is out of stock that I want I usually end up not waiting
    and either buy something else instead or keep searching elsewhere.

I'm still trying to get over the prices!!! they Rock!
    Have passed the URL onto some of the guys I work with
    who thought my AEG's were cool and some of which
    expressed a wee bit of interest in.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Hagakure_irl

Best of luck with the shop Shiva, think i shall invest in the JG G36C and the MP7 in the next week :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Hope this goes well for you Shiva ,
    Im already eying up some of the products

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

BTW, to my knowledge, he's only selling what he has in stock.

Although, best to wait to hear from the horses mouth. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Nice one Shiva.

I'll be after a number of those myself. :D

... oh and I wish we had thought of Eirsoft during the IAA meetings lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

WOOHOOOO!!!

Thats deadly! I want to buy stuff right now but gotta wait 3 weeks til after my holidays :mad:

best of luck shiva, think il get me one of them G36C,s or if you happen to get in any other mostly metal bodyd aegs that would be cool.

and whats the story with collections? or round abouts what part of the Island are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

good man shiva.My dads from glassnevin..those botanical gardens would be great for a skirmish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Best of luck with it Shiva, ill likely be ordering a few things off you in a month... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Someone this guy a round of applause! Hope it goes well man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

:D yay:D

gotta say well done, this is gonna kill me and my ever shrinking wallet

Goddam it I can't get another AEG, then again I'm helping a new business, yes thats it I'm helping a new business. I do need a 4th AEG, a M4 sure I haven't gotten a M4 yet. No No No I can't......but its not really a purchase but an investment in a new Irish business..........might be revisiting you in a couple of weeks so !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

know what you mean gandalf, could go with an army ak, ah stupid holidayswill wait til i'm back

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

gandalf wrote:
    Goddam it I can't get another AEG, then again I'm helping a new business, yes thats it I'm helping a new business. I do need a 4th AEG, a M4 sure I haven't gotten a M4 yet. No No No I can't......but its not really a purchase but an investment in a new Irish business..........might be revisiting you in a couple of weeks so !!!!

I think you have to take the number 1 spot for new player with most guns bought in the shortest amount of time. Seriously. It took me almost a year to acquire just four :D

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Shiva. Great to see it. Best of luck.

o1s1n wrote:
    I think you have to take the number 1 spot for new player with most guns bought in the shortest amount of time. Seriously. It took me almost a year to acquire just four :D

LOL more money than sense me. Feckin 9 Airsoft guns now after the Galaxy MP5 PDW came today.....and I have to move it all to the new apartment now DOH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Wow...thanks for the good wishes lads...really appreciate it.

Right...I'll try answer some of your questions here...

Firstly...I've made a couple of changes to the site. It will now display the quantities of stuff I have in stock. For the moment, its quite low...I didnt want to go mad spending a few grand on stuff that might not shift.
    Judging from the interest both here and from emails sent to me from the site though, I'll be placing another order at the weekend...and probably a lot larger! if theres anything special you want, let me know by emailing me the link on the site.

I'd appreciate if you didnt use the boards.ie forum as a means to request stuff...I don't want to draw any (deserved) flack from the admins about advertising. You can PM me here with requests though, if Oisin doesnt mind.

The stock pictures are pretty crap on the site - I'll improve them as I get time. I was holding off on going live until I had a few more things done, but this morning I just felt there was no point wasting any more time, and went for it. There are a few other tweaks and changes I want to make to the site...I'll get to them eventually. Some of the more American things, like requiring a Zip code, I'm not sure I can do much about - it depends on how flexible the backend software is. For now though, just put your Dublin postcode or your county in there - there's no sanity checks other than the field be filled in.

With regard to stock...if its listed on the site as being in stock, then I have it. I hate sites that sell you items they dont have in stock, and I won't do that. An obvious exception is if its a special item you want.

Deliveries - Yes, you can collect it, but by appointment only. I'm located in Glasnevin. If you live within a reasonable distance from me, I can probably also deliver. And if Nonex has no objections, I can also deliver stuff at HRTA if I'm going to be there when you are.

Prices. Yes...they are very cheap, for a good reason -

In my *real* job, I own my own IT consultancy company. I'm reasonably good at it, I enjoy it a lot, and I make a reasonable living from it, so I won't be giving it up any day soon. Eirsoft is and will remain a shop run by an enthusiast, so the prices you see on the site have only a very small margin on them as a slight recompense for me running the site. I'm not going to be Ireland's first Airsoft Millionaire. Having said that, I aim to provide the best customer service I possibly can.
    I will try my very best to keep the prices as low as they are now, but a lot depends on various details outside of my control. My aim though, is to always be a cheaper option than buying from Asia, at least with regard to clones.

Consumables. Yep, I plan to stock BBs, batteries, chargers and gas. The problem is finding a supplier. BB's are easy to source in bulk, but they cost a bloody fortune to get shipped into Ireland because of the weight. I'm working on that though. Gas is a similar issue...it has to be shipped by sea, except in the case of propane, which I can source locally. But over time, I'll be stocking up on lots of extras. I opted mainly for AEG's this time round, because I figured at this stage in the growth of Airsoft, that's what was needed most.

Phew. I think thats everything. Thanks again for the good vibes...I really appreciate it.

Oh ! Before I forget - Yes Lightening...I'm ordering some L85s this weekend...I want one too ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

On the topic of gas, most people seem to be switching to propane anyway. Maybe stocking those propane adaptors and the propane cans and oil? It'd seem more cost effective too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Well done on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

A seller with good grammar, i'll be buying from him!
    Guess i'm too used to 7 years of eBaying!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement