Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eirsoft.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

those claymores come in?

Expecting them tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

This is just a very very random suggestion but do you think any shops in Ireland would be considering buying back old guns from people as some shops in HK do already. As im sure thousands of people would love to get rid of their old stock and maybe consider trades and part exchange???

This is just a very very random suggestion but do you think any shops in Ireland would be considering buying back old guns from people as some shops in HK do already. As im sure thousands of people would love to get rid of their old stock and maybe consider trades and part exchange???

Yeah, I considered it, but decided against it. As far as I can see, theres too many cons, and not enough pros to make it worthwhile.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Shiva wrote: »
    Yeah, I considered it, but decided against it. As far as I can see, theres too many cons, and not enough pros to make it worthwhile.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter ?

The question is, would you be taking those pieces out of circulation (rebating against new, high-end models) or taking them for your own resale? The former might work well, but you'd not be offering much against them. The second would be madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

The question is, would you be taking those pieces out of circulation (rebating against new, high-end models) or taking them for your own resale? The former might work well, but you'd not be offering much against them. The second would be madness.

I would not call it madness, the same principle is used by a number of different retailers from cars to videos games and used without issue, your first remark;
    would you be taking those pieces out of circulation (rebating against new, high-end models)

sounds a bit strange to me, this would imply that shops would be doing out if the kindness of there hearts, take in items for money off newer items but then don;t do anything with the items they have got in exchange, the retailors would be out of pocket.

Normally a retailer would buy these items for credit at the store and then resell them know normally the store would 'buy' them off you for lower than you would be able to get yourself if you sold them yourself thought say boards, but the venture would clearly create a number of problem, one for example would be in terms of valuation of items.

I for one see it as being far easy for all involved to leave it in the hands of individuals for private sales.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

i would think its more a runner for sites - they're always looking to expand their rentals, and would have a good idea of the running order of the aeg

Puding wrote: »
    I would not call it madness, the same principle is used by a number of different retailers from cars to videos games and used without issue, your first remark;

I'd have to agree with Kevin though, Puding, and its the reason I decided not to do it.

Cars, DVDs and video games....they're all much much bigger markets than airsoft guns, so its workable - although the profits on 2nd hand goods are smaller, theres enough of a volume to make up for it.

I think I'd end up trading in second hand guns a lot more than brand new, and the profit margin wouldnt be there to keep me in business.

I agree....leave it to individuals to buy and sell second hand, and the retailers can concentrate on what we do best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

maybe i did not make it clear but the whole post was agreeing with your pov shiva :) all i said was the theory works in other business but then pointed out why did would not work in airsoft, and why i said as well that its best left to individuals in this type of market :) as horgan knows though i barely make sense sometimes in person let alone though the medium of a forum :P

Puding wrote: »
    maybe i did not make it clear but the whole post was agreeing with your pov shiva :) all i said was the theory works in other business but then pointed out why did would not work in airsoft, and why i said as well that its best left to individuals in this type of market :) as horgan knows though i barely make sense sometimes in person let alone though the medium of a forum :P

LOL...fair enough :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The other thing to consider is the state the aeg that would potentially be "traded in" is in. I've seen plenty that look fine after a quick rub down but internally are a mess or have cracks, flaws or other general signs of abuse/wear. There simply wouldn't be time to asses each item. With so many intricate pieces making up an average rifle or pistol, there'd just be too many things to check and not enough time to do them.
    Plus, if we did decide to do them, those parts with damage or causing a fault would all have to be repaired before reselling, noone's going to buy a rifle/pistol that isn't working.

As said above, this kind of thing is indeed better left to private sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

My point was, in fact, what you've all been saying. There's no point at these margins to get into selling kit which has limited warranty as new, never mind potentially dodgy second-hand gear. You'd spend more checking and doing them up than from selling them.

The model for giving a rebate on second-hand is something from the car market (I think); get rid of old stuff that's out there, and Tony gets a spare parts bank. More importantly, for the small amount offered for the item exchanged an old piece is removed from circulation, and a customer gets an incentive to buy. Again, I'm not advocating it as much as asking the question, I only suggested it because I couldn't possibly see the second way working...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭sabrewolfe

Hey Tony,
    Whats the story with them gas power stun grenades I was in the other day and was asking you about them but my poor battered mind cant recall the details. Whats the story with them, what gas do they take how loud are they how much are they etc. and most importantly got any in stock.
    Had a luck on your website but I cant find em and im now in work so I cant check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

hey could you send me a pm whenever the well l96 comes in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

sabrewolfe wrote: »
    Hey Tony,
    Whats the story with them gas power stun grenades I was in the other day and was asking you about them but my poor battered mind cant recall the details. Whats the story with them, what gas do they take how loud are they how much are they etc. and most importantly got any in stock.
    Had a luck on your website but I cant find em and im now in work so I cant check it out.

There fairly loud man 120Db i think...i oposted a video of one a couple of pages back, the video doesnt capture how loud it really is and it also shows what happens when filled incorrectly, so when you see the video remember what you get is infact much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

any m14 midcaps? cheers, those claymores work loverly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

This is a random , and therefore probably stupid question , are you guys open today , like regular times?

This is a random , and therefore probably stupid question , are you guys open today , like regular times?

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/shop.htm :rolleyes:

Might I highlight the ( except holidays ) bit , I'm on my midterm , are they ?:P:P:P:P Just making sure cause it will be a pain in the hole having to go down and see that there closed

Might I highlight the ( except holidays ) bit , I'm on my midterm , are they ?:P:P:P:P Just making sure cause it will be a pain in the hole having to go down and see that there closed

it means business holidays, the ones where most places would be closed, they are open i was down yesterday and they got new stock ;)
    claymores and mines

Yupyup thats what i expected :) Nah I'm skint so im just looking for gas : P

• Advertisement

they are only 40 :rolleyes:, i may have to pick up 2 next week just to see the expression on peoples faces when hit by it
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=e2KBEg01GTs

Yupyup thats what i expected :) Nah I'm skint so im just looking for gas : P

We're out of gas until tomorrow or Friday - Dont waste a trip :)

IT'S SNOWING PEOPLE !!!!!!! Thank god I didn't get the train to eirsoft today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah well i did, sitting here absolutely freezing :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Shiva wrote: »
    We're out of gas until tomorrow or Friday - Dont waste a trip :)

not any more your not..;)

there's
    Predator 700ml green gas,
    Predator 375ml 134A Gas
    Predator 200ml 134A maintenance Gas
    Abbey Silicone Gun oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

hey is the Well AWM APS 2 Sniper Rifle in stock?

vtec wrote: »

there's
    Predator 375ml 134A Gas
    Abbey Silicone Gun oil

Nice one....love it when they're early :)

Moving around and doing a bit of work might warm you up.

Just sayin' like... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

vtec wrote: »

there's
    Predator 375ml 134A Gas
    Abbey Silicone Gun oil

The guys at eirsoft always have gas...

Are you guys able to get in Well skorpion mags?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

HaHa , I'm at home, sitting snugly on my bed : ):P:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement