Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirsoft.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

bullets: discussion of inert/deactivated rounds are not allowed on here, but ill pm you with more info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Fiach Dubh wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting one of these myself since I'm not holding my breath for VFC's PK/PKM any time soon. I'll probably pick one up off Tony too, the FN Minimi that is.

Have been looking at rpk's myself, bloody clones arent authentic enough, just iritating trying to find the right stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

kdouglas wrote: »
    bullets: discussion of inert/deactivated rounds are not allowed on here, but ill pm you with more info

Interesting, I didn't know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Just to clarify my earlier post.....
    5.56 link that goes with the M249 is not a true inert/deactivated
    They are replica rounds specifically made made from Aliminium or plastic.
    Real inert rounds/ammo/brass are made from Brass not AU.

MIA website sells them!!!
    http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=270

I am presumming these have been made specifically for Airsoft products
    like the dummy rounds you see in some AEG mags that are perfectly legal
    and thus we are allowed to discus meaning poor ol bullets is free from sin?

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

bullets wrote: »
    poor ol bullets is free from sin?

~B

About that....you'll need to change your nickname, I'm afraid ;)

• Advertisement

i didnt know CA were producing them, thought it was just the ACM brands, the CA ones look alot better than the other ones i saw online

yea, if your talking about plastic or aluminium ones specifically made by airsoft companies then its ok, but if it's de-activated real rounds (blanks or live rounds) then you cant discuss them here

Shiva wrote: »
    About that....you'll need to change your nickname, I'm afraid ;)

I got my nickname over 10 years ago for getting into trouble in
    work for bringing in certain objects that we cannot discuss here to
    work to show the lads. And got my hand spanked by management.

Over the years people got used to me and now when I get a P90
    or AUG or M4 or replica so and sos delivered into work nobody
    bats an eyelid :D waiting 10 years now for HR to fire me but they wont...:(

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

i didnt know CA were producing them, thought it was just the ACM brands, the CA ones look alot better than the other ones i saw online

yea, if your talking about plastic or aluminium ones specifically made by airsoft companies then its ok, but if it's de-activated real rounds (blanks or live rounds) then you cant discuss them here

are the acm any good?

CA brand are pretty damn expensive though !

KD you could be the man actually when it comes to these 249's
    that peeps are interested in.

I hear the gear box needs greasing and a bit of work cos they are
    kinda raw, for noobs
    like myself maybe for a price you could offer your services to Shiva before he ship's
    any 249's that he sells by performing some perventative maintenance on them.
    I know myself I would be uselesss at taking a gearbox apart and would be willing
    to pay a few quid to get her all greased up.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

I have it on good authority that replacing the spring on a CA 249 is retard proof.

Which makes it too complicated for me, but any normal person should be able to sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Tony theres a couple of things i wanna add to my order, sent you a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭deepimpact

...KD you could be the man actually when it comes to these 249's
    I know myself I would be uselesss at taking a gearbox apart and would be willing

I know I'd pay more to have it working correctly (to fix the internals a la Fareast's review on Arnies) ...not too much mind ;). I need to keep the airsoft spending on the down-low cause I need to buy a car...

Oh, and T, I'm putting a vested interest in the Mk2 M249 :D

CA brand are pretty damn expensive though !

KD you could be the man actually when it comes to these 249's

I hear the gear box needs greasing and a bit of work cos they are
    kinda raw, for noobs
    like myself maybe for a price you could offer your services to Shiva before he ship's
    any 249's that he sells by performing some perventative maintenance on them.

~B

i could, in theory, but to be honest it's all a matter of time, at the moment i've barely enough time to work on my own projects (hence why my 249 hasn't seen any action in a while), i do have a full time job of my own to work too :), but if Shiva is interested in something along those lines, then ill talk to him about it

FarEast's review on Arnies gives a fantastic step by step account of the tweaks to the M249 to raise the standard. As a complete and utter noob in the electrical compartment, are the mods "easy" enough to perform (opening the gearbox is ou of the question...too scared ;))?

Mods required: Problems with hop-unit
    Box magazine modification
    Trigger switch cutting down and rebending
    How handy would these be to perform kd/Shiva?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The only one I have had a problem with is the hop up modification, it just doesn't give much play in adjustment.

yea, the hop-up is meant to be a pain. but is the actual modding easy to perform. the box mag has feed issues, the trigger contact is too long causing firing when no pressure is on the trigger. The hop-up can be replaced so that shouldn't be a problem...famous last words...

Of course, I could offer kd/a suitable alternative a cash incentive to mod the M249:) and avoid the hassle ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

scanlant wrote: »
    yea, the hop-up is meant to be a pain. but is the actual modding easy to perform. the box mag has feed issues, the trigger contact is too long causing firing when no pressure is on the trigger. The hop-up can be replaced so that shouldn't be a problem...famous last words...

Of course, I could offer kd/a suitable alternative a cash incentive to mod the M249:) and avoid the hassle ;)

theirs a guy on the contractors that has a fully modded M249, I fired it on sat and its unbelievable., Not sure if hes on boards though.,

vtec wrote: »
    theirs a guy on the contractors that has a fully modded M249, I fired it on sat and its unbelievable., Not sure if hes on boards though.,

betcha it's a CA...that I can't afford

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah it was 600 and something squid.,lol, and that was before the mods., alvin T grey will know more about it though.,

vtec wrote: »
    yeah it was 600 and something squid.,lol, and that was before the mods., alvin T grey will know more about it though.,

Plus about 100 for the box mag...it has to bought separately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hi Shiva,

My mate changed his mind, wants a CYMA Ak47(031). Are you getting more in. If so when do you think you'll have them?

Cheers,
    lethal.

Hi Shiva,

My mate changed his mind, wants a CYMA Ak47(031). Are you getting more in. If so when do you think you'll have them?

Cheers,
    lethal.

No. They're hot.

Army Ak47 is the only clone I do at the minute, but I should have downgraded Boyi/ Kalash versions in February.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Any sign of that shipment? People are getting impatient :p

feylya wrote: »
    Any sign of that shipment? People are getting impatient :p

I'll ring customs and tell them :)

I haven't heard anything yet - I'd say it'll be mid-week before it arrives.

What are the chances of having them for Saturday do you reckon?

feylya wrote: »
    What are the chances of having them for Saturday do you reckon?

Pretty good chance I'll have them by Wednesday, so with a bit of luck they'll go out on Thursday. In the hands of An Post after that.

Having said that, they could get delayed by customs and I might not see them until the end of the week or even next week. No guarantees.

That'll do me. Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Can you get me a price on a couple of VFC highcap mags? They are the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Shiva wrote: »
    Pretty good chance I'll have them by Wednesday, so with a bit of luck they'll go out on Thursday. In the hands of An Post after that.

Having said that, they could get delayed by customs and I might not see them until the end of the week or even next week. No guarantees.

Whats another week i have only been waiting 6, I know its not down to you but it is pissing me off if i am to be honest, I am the only one of my friends now that don't have a airsoft gun, They all went down to HRTA last sat, My bro bought a a gun off you on sat,

Anyways il give it till next week then il have to look else were!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Blazher wrote: »
    Anyways il give it till next week then il have to look else were!

shiva will be so upset

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement