Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirsoft.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

kdouglas wrote: »
    Well there was the LizMcManus thing on EastCoastFM this morning, but it wouldn't be anywhere near the level of joe duffy traffic

beat me too it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

kevteljeur wrote: »
    Tony, as part of my holier-than-thou drive to be a bit more eco-friendly about Airsoft (considered by some to be an environmentally unfriendly sport), I want to use just bio-degradable bbs. I saw you have these: http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=208
    which seem to fit the bill. Are they the type that fully degrade into biological components? And do you know how long they claim for this product? Sorry, I know that seems picky but I'm looking at sourcing the best biodegradable bbs I can get... :)

I've emailed BioVal looking for more info, and I'll get back to you as soon as I hear something.

They claim to break down faster than any other biodegradable BB, but I cant seem to find any hard and fast figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

kdouglas wrote: »
    Well there was the LizMcManus thing on EastCoastFM this morning, but it wouldn't be anywhere near the level of joe duffy traffic

Slightly off topic Kdouglas,:) but how did that go? did we come out the bad guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Looks like the Bray Homeowners Association's mounted a DDoS attack on Eirsoft :D

[unreg'd readers: this is a joke :p]

Shiva wrote: »

Either there's something wrong, or I'm getting an unusually high number of connections this morning, and its overloading the server. I doubt that though - after Joe Duffy it was handling over 1000 simultaneous connections with no problems.

I stand corrected...apparently I'm being overloaded with thousands of unique requests. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Ya can you delete the MAG mp5 mag review i did, all they needed was some silicone so I love them again!

BTW regarding ur site not working it seems who ever is doing your hosting that their database is gone down, as your code for your shop can't find where all the info is stored! I did some database programming in college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

ambro25 wrote: »
    Looks like the Bray Homeowners Association's mounted a DDoS attack on Eirsoft :D

[unreg'd readers: this is a joke :p]
    I stand corrected...apparently I'm being overloaded with thousands of unique requests. :eek:

Looks like Ambro may be on to something, The Bray militia is out in force :D

Crave wrote: »
    BTW regarding ur site not working it seems who ever is doing your hosting that their database is gone down, as your code for your shop can't find where all the info is stored! I did some database programming in college.

I've just been talking to them...apparently there's a huge amount of traffic, and there aren't enough resources on the shared server I have to cope. Time to move to a dedicated server, methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

liamo333 wrote: »
    Keep getting this when i try to open up your site Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in D:\Domains\eirsoft.ie\wwwroot\store\includes\functions\database.php on line 19
    Unable to connect to database server!

Just a thought ... Tony? I'd have your apache server & php configured to run 'live' without the debug info switched on. All that info should be getting dumped into a log for maintenance; publishing it is a big no-no since it gives people information about your site/file path structure and what database you're using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

So Tony anything interesting in your next batch of gear ?

• Advertisement

Thanks lemming...good idea. I'll get them to do that.

Crave - That's deleted.

Gandalf - Mainly replenishment, but also DBoys Kar 98, more A&K 249's, Kalash AK's, JG HK416s, theres some FALs due, more CA stuff, including the new sportsline M15 rifle, M500 black 8 mm shotguns.

kevteljeur wrote: »
    Tony, as part of my holier-than-thou drive to be a bit more eco-friendly about Airsoft (considered by some to be an environmentally unfriendly sport), I want to use just bio-degradable bbs. I saw you have these: http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=208
    which seem to fit the bill. Are they the type that fully degrade into biological components? And do you know how long they claim for this product? Sorry, I know that seems picky but I'm looking at sourcing the best biodegradable bbs I can get... :)

Found this article on Arnie's which says the BioVal BBs are the only ones which are 100% degradable.

It should be noted though, that bio BBs may not be suitable for use in a heavily upgraded gun. Although that's probably not an issue in Ireland, with our 1 joule limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've just been talking to them...apparently there's a huge amount of traffic, and there aren't enough resources on the shared server I have to cope. Time to move to a dedicated server, methinks.

Is that the price of securing airsoft.ie ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Chunks

*puts hands up*

I might be partially responisble for some of that. I've recruited about 10 of my friends to the idea of airsoft who like to look at something at all possible angles before buying or going ahead with anything. they've been on your site for a good part of today and yesterday trying to figure out which aeg to purchase.

You'll get a bit of business out of it though :o

Chunks wrote: »
    You'll get a bit of business out of it though :o

That's the whole idea :) Thanks for the referrals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Found this article on Arnie's which says the BioVal BBs are the only ones which are 100% degradable.

''This page last updated: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:30 PM''

Is that the price of securing airsoft.ie ? :)

lol....you could be on to something alright.

It should be noted though, that bio BBs may not be suitable for use in a heavily upgraded gun. Although that's probably not an issue in Ireland, with our 1 joule limit.

Bioval are the rebranded Biotech with another earlier analysis/comparison that can be found here. The older biotech bags look like this., as found in this review on airsoftretreat

Tony, I notice you only have .20g bags in stock - any plans to get in the .25g variants since shipping these from the UK is getting expensive.

Puding wrote: »
    ''This page last updated: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:30 PM''

Ahh...didnt notice that. Its the only real info I can find about them though.

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »
    Tony, I notice you only have .20g bags in stock - any plans to get in the .25g variants since shipping these from the UK is getting expensive.

I have them on pre-order.

I did a google less than 5 mins ago finding reference to their biodegradability being approved by Washington State on a US airsoft portal (in reference to a distributor now making them available within the US) - which one I can't remember since I closed the page :o

Time-stamp was feb. 2008 though, so go figure ...

As for the pre-order, will you let me know how it goes and what kind of time-frame has been placed on the wait? I'll be looking for a mix ratio (2:1) of brown & white respectively if possible for a nice tracer effect. I'm currently using 1500 round bags, so not sure what's quite available in 1KG bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

same problem i've run up against when looking for info, its either well out of date or hear say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

T any chance you could look into ordering an M4 reciever/body for me? id like a metal one but not too bothered as long as it works. (although rew had some problems with campatability his metal one so im not sure if ill need to change any other parts:confused:).,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Hey T, me again. I know you must be getting sick of seeing me name;))
    Did you find out if you got that Sportline in.
    (I'm even sick of myself at this stage lol.)

Vtec - Willdo.

Sniper - I'll have it tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'll have it tomorrow

Will you have other things tomorrow too? :D

Motosam wrote: »
    Will you have other things tomorrow too? :D

Yes.

But not what you're looking for :p