Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have Deathly Hallows, Bloomsbury don't care.

Options
  • 17-07-2007 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Well I downloaded Deathly Hallows today, and upon finding it was real emailed the copyright department of Bloomsbury who were fast to get back to me for the link but then basically said "You don't really know its real" You can check out the full story on my blog, but personally I think its ridiculous on behalf of Bloomsbury not trying to deal with this better..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Im not surprised that they said that. It does create doubt that the copy in question is real or fake which means that you still want to buy it.

I shall be reading it on the day it comes out (shall be in town at midnight for the launch). I still much prefer actually having the real book and not a load of images.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Seanmcn

Yeah i feel the same about it. No way this isn't real though!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I dunno... it looks real from your pix sean... although there are people out there with that much time on their hands. I'll be waiting though. Staying offline if I can help it... slightly tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rudie-

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/07/17/last_harry_potter_le.html
    ^this is the acutual real leaked version
    is this the same copy of the book you have? there were a whole heap of fakes going around online in the last few weeks as the hype machine took off
    (edit - never mind i was being thick. :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

I'm starting to believe that the leaked version is a fake.
    The epilogue is set 19 years later. Teddy is still in Hogwarts.
    Hermoine said that she changed the memory of her parents. Then later on she said that she never used the spell to change anyone's memory.
    If I remember correctly JK said that only 2 main characters would die. Mad-Eye, Lupin, Tonks, and Fred I think it was all died. (I might have forgotten some there.)
    Scorpoius. LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Anyone think that this may be a hoax by the publishers???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rudie-

i just saw this story on Digg.com
    the guy who took those photos of the book left his cerial number of his camera on the photo file. he is in for some serious court fun....

http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Harry_Potter_Leaker_Forgets_to_Remove_EXIF_Data_from_Photos_PIC

Anyone think that this may be a hoax by the publishers???

Could be. Would agree with you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Robbiethe3rd

I haven't read anyone's spoiler here but I was on youtube earlier and some "one" (would love to use more colorful language!) left a comment with the apparent ending on it. I choose not to believe it (although I don't know what to think!) but that's SO annoying! I REALLY hope it was a fake!

Ive never had to worry about someone giving away the ending of a book to me, but its crazy when you know that so many people are going to be reading the same book at the same time!

Yeah it's crazy to think that! :D Not long left now!!! I'll probably have about 10 chapters read by tomorrow!!! Everyone going to get it at midnight?! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

easons the only place giving free stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

Hello fans of HP an DH!!!
    I first would like to say Tesco is selling at €10.80 or close to that.

Ok now that DH is out and everyone has had a chance to read it.

1. Did the leaked pages match up to the book?

2. Where you satisfied with who JK tied up loose ends?

3. where you surprised on who died?

4. Was I the only one who teared up during certain parts?

discuss....:D :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Better to leave the discussion of ht ebook for the other thread for people who have finished it.

Advertisement