Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag weekend / Mature crowd

Options
  • 17-07-2007 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all - I've been a boards reader for quite a while but this is my first post:D

If anyone could help with some advice or suggestions I would appreciate it. I'm best man for my mate's wedding and we are heading to Galway for the weekend in mid-August for the stag. It's not going to be a crazy/drug-fuelled/shag all around us type weekend (at least I don't think it is!) simply because we are all aged from 35 - 60 with most of the guys in their 40s. In saying that we obviously want to drink a lot and enjoy ourselves a lot!

So, any ideas? Restaurant, bar and club suggestions are particularly welcome. It's quite a few years since I've been to Galway so the only places I know of really are:
    Bars - Quays, Neachtains
    Restaurants - Quays, Fat Freddys
    Clubs - GPO, CPs (crowd too young?)

We are certainly not old fogies but I don/t think we'll be puking up in the gutter either! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Ah, an LTRFTP.

Cp's is too young for ye, Halo's the best bet club wise.. although you could go to a late bar of which there are many now..

do a search on thsi board for threads like this.. there's a stag thread every week on here :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Dont bother with a club best just stick to the bars.Most of the bars from the bottom of shop street down to quay street will suit ye nicely,restauants are good in that area too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Mc Swiggans restaurant for food. Book in advance, gets busy.
    Plenty of late bars around indeed. That would be your best bet.

Advertisement