Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1994 Toyota Corolla

• 17-07-2007 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭

how much would you pay for...

1994 toyota corolla saloon, 1.3 petrol, 59k on the clock (yep, 59k). Body work in great nick, requires 2 new tyres and wiper blades, engine needs no more than than timing belt replaced (hasnt gone, but 13 years old, just peace of mind) and altho i havent driven it (doin my prov test next week) a friend test drove it and apparently drives like a dream. Asking price €800. i know for a fact its not clocked.. is it me or is this a very bloody good deal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

As long as you know it's not clocked and the body work is in good nick, it sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,467 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that sounds ok. just budget for a timing belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,265 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I wouldn't be too overly concerned about what the mileage reads on a 13 year old car to be honest. Judge the car on it's current condition and see if the current owner has any receipts for recent servicing and any repair/maintenance work done.

If the car is mechanically sound and tidy I would offer €700 for it. Cheap motoring!

is the 700 based on the 800 asking price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,265 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote:
    is the 700 based on the 800 asking price?

Yes, worth a try, especially if it needs a timing belt.

• Advertisement

sounds like the seller knows the OP pretty well, I suppose i'd chance it too. sounds like a fair deal at either price.

Advertisement