Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband - Celbridge Area

Options
  • 17-07-2007 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

After being told I can't get Digiweb in Celbridge (house is facing the wrong way!) and not wanting to pay for a landline, I heard of Ice Broadband.

Anyone know if its any good? The search facility doesn't return any results for Ice. :o It seems to be similar enough to Digiweb in that it comes with a wireless ariel.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Its bollocks from what I can see. There should be a sticky thread (at least someone requested it to be stickied) for them so that people could group their complaints against them in one place.

They seem to be going for the worst operator in Ireland title.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dodohert

Plently of post here about ICE none of them positive tho.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055114497

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

Got a flyer through the door the other day for Chorus broadband in Celbridge. Going to give them a go as you don't need a landline. Anyone here using them in Celbridge? I'll let you know next week what my inital thoughts are.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

ligger wrote:
    Got a flyer through the door the other day for Chorus broadband in Celbridge. Going to give them a go as you don't need a landline. Anyone here using them in Celbridge? I'll let you know next week what my inital thoughts are.

Cool, hopefully they've upgraded in my area too. I tried calling them about two months ago and they weren't in the area even tho i have their cable package. Here's hoping!

Mutz wrote:
    Cool, hopefully they've upgraded in my area too. I tried calling them about two months ago and they weren't in the area even tho i have their cable package. Here's hoping!

Soooo today was the big day, got the wife to stay off work to let them in and set it up, due between 9am and noon I was told. No sign at 10.30 so decide to ring for and ETA. Get transfered around a bit before I get hold of someone who says "Who told you it would be today?". The sales rep says I. Well we don't have Broadband availablility at your address. They did not even bother to ring me to tell me this and they put the flyer through the door in the 1st place saying it was available. There customer service is terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dodohert

Thats a F**king disgrace, I'm glad I decide not to go with them. Jeeze how can they conduct business in such a manner. Did you mentioned to them that your wife stayed home to greet the installer.

I'd complaint to Comreg.

Yes told them she was off to let them in and it was a case of blame someone else as 1st girl (sales) should have spotted that I can't avail of it. Interesting to see if the paperwork arrives from them. Had dealt with them before on cable TV and this is pretty standard of their customer service I have to say, would not have gone with them if I had a landline but don't so my choices are limited.

Advertisement