Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spreading Slurry Manure Near National Roads

Options
  • 17-07-2007 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Farmers living along the N21 road are spreading manure during the tourist season. I find it shocking that it goes on in this day and age. As a farmer myself, I think the practice should be banned within 1 mile of national primary roads. While I enjoy the healthy smell, I know many non-locals and tourists don't care for it.

Donal Shaughnessy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

reverse up there a bit!!

its a bit funny that everyone wants to live in the country and immediately they want to object to other people moving in and farmers spreading slurry

manure needs to be spread, especially when farm prices demand that animals are kept in close confines, the eu has decreeded when slurry can be spread, it shouldnt be spread anywhere rivers etc, land near roads etc is fair game in my book

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

It is still farming land. How exactly would you propose they get the slurry onto the ground if they own land close to these roads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Danuogma

Nonsence thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Danuogma wrote: »
    Nonsence thread.

It may very well be a nonsence thread and it was dying a death until you resurrected it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Danuogma wrote: »
    Nonsence thread.

danuogma

given that your post count is 7, can you direct us lesser mortals to YOUR non nonsence thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Farmers living along the N21 road are spreading manure during the tourist season. I find it shocking that it goes on in this day and age. As a farmer myself, I think the practice should be banned within 1 mile of national primary roads. While I enjoy the healthy smell, I know many non-locals and tourists don't care for it.

Donal Shaughnessy

u are a farmer ? doubt it very much .

tourists spend feck all in the countryside any how & the faster they pass through the better

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Pye

I don't see why this should be a problem. Tourists come to Ireland in the knowledge that it is a big farming country and holidaying in the country is bound to come with its own unpleasant (to some) smells. They are usually gone within days. 1 mile is a ridiculous limit, what would be the point in owning the land if you can't work it?

Also, it's spelled nonsense.

Advertisement